Tetris Effect Connected

Rangers

Legend
So I saw a bunch of people on the internet mentioning playing this, sure enough it is on gamepass (though I would have laid out 20 for it anyway). The Genesis Mini reminded me Tetris is still fun and I was totally down for a modernized remix.

Holy cow the first level blew my mind! It's Tetris all blown out and I like the song. I've only beat 3 levels of the campaign so far but the first level alone was worth the whole game. Yeah, it has a "campaign", seemingly so far you just get to a line goal to proceed to the next level.

This is a turn down the lights, turn up the sound system type of game.

I dont know if I care about the connected part at all.

The first level from youtube. the way the music swells and crests as you complete more lines, then eventually gets to the lyrics, is hair raising (it's really a lot cooler on large HDTV+sound system).

Last edited:
I tried this when first released but my problem is that it is too much ‘just’ Tetris with a fancy skin. That is something I just played too much already so it can’t hold my interest any longer. I thought Lumines was much better in that regard, having a slightly different blocks mechanic and tying in well with the music and visuals through the timed sweeping.

I mean I played a lot of Classic Tetris, Super Tetris, Welltris, Blockout, etc.

I tried this when first released but my problem is that it is too much ‘just’ Tetris with a fancy skin. That is something I just played too much already so it can’t hold my interest any longer. I thought Lumines was much better in that regard, having a slightly different blocks mechanic and tying in well with the music and visuals through the timed sweeping.

I mean I played a lot of Classic Tetris, Super Tetris, Welltris, Blockout, etc.

Agree. Lumines is way more interesting than this.

But this in VR, OMG the experience is simply transcendent. I mean the regular tetris effect. The connected update have no vr mode.

With all the talk about immersive rumble and adaptive triggers, this game's rumble is some of the best. Even if it's just rumble.

So I've been playing this today a bunch on my desktop, and I had been playing it on my laptop. So a little context, my laptop had an RX560 and an i5, my desktop is an RTX2070 super and Ryzen5. Both run the game fine, although I use lower setting on my laptop because some of the full screen effects drop the framerate to below 60, and I would rather have the consistency. But on my desktop, I can run it cranked and it being a gamepass game, it's limited to borderless fullscreen. Here's the thing... I have a 144hz monitor that I run at 120hz because the image quality is a touch better, and Tetris Effect runs at 120fps, and the game is harder! It's not that the blocks drop faster, but it's almost like they don't stick as fact. So I keep moving blocks I think are already locked in position but they aren't, closing off holes i need to fill.

Back