Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (COD BOCW) [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/1...ty-black-ops-cold-war-zombies-onslaught-mode/
The clock is ticking. Only one week to go before Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is unleashed upon the world. Following our announce of PlayStation-exclusive Zombies Onslaught mode, we’re back with even more benefits exclusive to PS4 and PS5 players*.
  • Battle Pass Bundle Bonus: Unlock new gear and goodies even faster. PlayStation players that purchase the $20 Battle Pass Bundles will get an additional 5 tier skips. That’s a total of 25 tier skips!
  • PlayStation Party Bonus: Teamwork makes the dream work. PlayStation players that play together in parties receive +25% bonus weapon XP. The bonus still counts when playing with cross-platform teammates.
  • Double XP Bonus: PlayStation players can look forward to exclusive Monthly Double XP events (24 hr duration), so prepare to boost your rank.
  • Extra Loadouts: Be prepared for any scenario. PlayStation players get an additional 2 loadout slots, ready for customization. Available when Create-A-Class unlocks upon reaching Level 4.

Yeah, not sure. I figured it would have been just heavy on runtime memory as opposed to offline data unless they're caching/baking things like Global Illumination & probe data?

hm.

Options galore on what to install or uninstall. Here's the rundown of what can be seen on the screen. There's still 91 GB not shown according to my maths.

I like this breakdown but like others have asked, what the heck is raytracing data?

I guess it's not unsurprising that some RT implementations will require more environmental data than an engine that doesn't support RT, so in a way it's nice that you can strip this out if you don't want pretty puddles and glass. The size of this data pack, is surprising.

This is an interesting insight into CoD's RT implementation.

That is nice. It's also great that Sony gives options to disable it too.

Unfortunately it seems to be exactly what would trigger my carpal-tunnel like condition. In the past I've had to disable vibration even on the old controllers. It all comes down to how much the effect is used and how long of a gaming session I do.

That is nice. It's also great that Sony gives options to disable it too.

Unfortunately it seems to be exactly what would trigger my carpal-tunnel like condition. In the past I've had to disable vibration even on the old controllers. It all comes down to how much the effect is used and how long of a gaming session I do.

You can disable it same for haptic feedback not only by games but at system level too.

Awesome, exactly as I imagined it and the first shooter supports it right at launch - that should make it pretty much guaranteed that future shooters on PS5 will too. Game looked pretty on John/DFs livestream today too.

And amusing how some people say it would give a competitive disadvantage ... how about just plain fun? ... and ... I could easily see the opposite. You could pull the trigger exactly so far as possible without firing it and then be able to react faster in some situations and I doubt that your finger vibrating would move the entire controller that significantly that it will affect your aim, but we’ll see - obviously it could be turned off in MP should you want to.

Here is a bit more detail about the triggers and, also on how the whole display settings are panning out, quite interesting. It seems the 60hz/120hz option translates to performance mode option on/off in PS5, and that for both consoles to support the 120hz mode VRR needs to be off (but this could vary per TV?).

Also the way it works now with the resistance on the down the sights trigger I do see that that could be a MP disadvantage, and I could imagine you would want to turn that off but keep the actual trigger adaptive.

Seen this deal to get 3 copies of next-gen Series X|S for cheap £23.33 a piece, or possibly £5 a piece if you dare to refund the base game...

I caught this via XboxEra @ https://forum.xboxera.com/t/activisions-greed-has-bitten-them-in-the-arse/4864 that linked to deal @ https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/3-...ack-ops-cold-war-for-ps70-ps2333-each-3590099

So this works due to the greed of selling Xbox series X edition separately.

So for this you need to buy a digital copy of the standard edition of the game.

After this, go to the Xbox Store and look for the "Cross Gen Bundle". The price will be marked down from £65 to £5

This is the cost that standard edition owners pay to upgrade to cross gen bundle, but as you can gift two copies of any Microsoft/Xbox Store item to friends. If you gift this the recipient will receive the full game, not just an upgrade.

Back