Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Set up my PS5 tonight and started downloading a few legacy titles. Overall I like what I see, the UI is good and very responsive, the console is quiet, it feels like a very polished, mature design. Fundamentally, I feel like we are getting a return of what worked on PS4, while addressing some complaints like the noise and loading times. The new controller is very good, it feels a little more substantial in my hand. I'm not sure I'd say I like the weight after a long gaming session but fresh out the box, it reminds of how a fat steering wheel just sort of makes the driving experience seem better, more serious, the weight of the controller just feels right. Rumble isn't really something I'm into, but maybe the triggers will help make shooters feel more immersive.

I can confirm the controller feels more substantial :D

You wouldn't possibly have a copy of dying light to test would you? If that doesn't work I'm rolling out my VCS again and this gen will be retro all the way :yep2:

No wait!

• Players that own Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition on PS4 can upgrade to Nioh 2 Remastered – The Complete Edition on PS5 at no additional cost.
  • Players that own Nioh 2 on PS4 can upgrade to the base game – Nioh 2 Remastered on PS5, and receive the PS5 version of any DLC expansions they own on PS4.

What?

No idea. The first point says 'at no additional cost', the second one doesn't?
Probably because the English language used.

The first point says no additional cost because it use "can upgrade to" phrase. Standing alone, "can upgrade to" could means that the upgrade have a price. Thus they added "no additional cost".

While the second point doesn't need "no additional cost" phrase because it says "and receive".

When you receive something it implies for free or the payment was already done (in this case, already bought PS4 version)

Btw since the ridiculous price of PS5 games was announced for my region, I bought an ssd for my PS4 pro.

Turns out an ssd is not faster than SSHD when playing games (when when the sshd has cached the game, so around 2-3x game launch). But it's have ridiculously awesome performance consistency, making PS4 pro dashboard consistently snappy.

What's hard to understand. If you have the completed edition, you get the complete edition on the PS5.

If you own the base PS4 version, you get the base PS5 version. Any DLC's you bought for the base version PS4, you can download the PS5 version.

Any additional DLC's, you will have to purchase.

It's not rocket science. :);)

Last edited:
What's hard to understand. If you have the completed edition, you get the complete edition on the PS5.

If you own the base PS4 version, you get the base PS5 version. Any DLC's you bought for the base version PS4, you can download the PS5 version.

It's not rocket science.
dude, common. relax. He's been 100% PlayStation since I've known him.
He's not stirring shit up to troll you guys

It's not rocket science.

I don’t know, maybe I’m just extremely stupid or MAYBE they could have written it better? As explained in later posts.

I don’t know, maybe I’m just extremely stupid or MAYBE they could have written it better? As explained in later posts.

Wow wow wow, it`s getting close. Just so you know a little bit about me, im 48 and runs a big political party and two communes of around 20000 people. But i am exited as a little kid about this new generation. Allway has. Allways will.
Oh. And looking forward towards that Vallhalla game. I live inthe scandinavians and is a decendant from the vikings, have their blood and know everything about thatculture and religion.

Oh, and i will get Demons Souls also. That just looks bloody fantastic.

How are you trying to get 120?
I think it's an unclear menu that's at fault. It's reporting what it's currently at - not peak capability. It does show 4K120 at YUV 422 as possible, so I think it's properly configured. I have a backup Ultra High Speed HDMI cable just in case.

I think it's an unclear menu that's at fault. It's reporting what it's currently at - not peak capability. It does show 4K120 at YUV 422 as possible, so I think it's properly configured. I have a backup Ultra High Speed HDMI cable just in case.

Do you have an AVR in the mix? If not, is it possible only some of the TV ports are full HDMI 2.1?

Back