Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Part of me misses being part of the launch excitement, but I'm resolved to wait. I hope everyone enjoys their shiny new toys!

For me this the best playstation since the PS2 in october 2000. Its almost the most silent one. Its size doenst matter since i have it vertical, and the pc towers dwarf it anyway.

If you watch the DF DMC5 comparison you should see that 120fps seems possible on the PS5 as well, even if maybe you’d have preferred a locked 60 instead ;)

Set up my PS5 tonight and started downloading a few legacy titles. Overall I like what I see, the UI is good and very responsive, the console is quiet, it feels like a very polished, mature design. Fundamentally, I feel like we are getting a return of what worked on PS4, while addressing some complaints like the noise and loading times. The new controller is very good, it feels a little more substantial in my hand. I'm not sure I'd say I like the weight after a long gaming session but fresh out the box, it reminds of how a fat steering wheel just sort of makes the driving experience seem better, more serious, the weight of the controller just feels right. Rumble isn't really something I'm into, but maybe the triggers will help make shooters feel more immersive.

Set up my PS5 tonight and started downloading a few legacy titles. Overall I like what I see, the UI is good and very responsive, the console is quiet, it feels like a very polished, mature design. Fundamentally, I feel like we are getting a return of what worked on PS4, while addressing some complaints like the noise and loading times. The new controller is very good, it feels a little more substantial in my hand. I'm not sure I'd say I like the weight after a long gaming session but fresh out the box, it reminds of how a fat steering wheel just sort of makes the driving experience seem better, more serious, the weight of the controller just feels right. Rumble isn't really something I'm into, but maybe the triggers will help make shooters feel more immersive.

Nice :) Us 2nd class citizens still have best part of a week to wait!

Don't suppose you could confirm my burning question over the vertical stand and if it's 100% required or just a stability thing? I don't think it fits in my cabinet vertically (with the stand) but I designed the cabinet to have the console vertically lol.

Last edited:
Back