Sackboy: A Big Adventure [PS4, PS5, PC]

Love the texture work and the particles in the gameplay footage.

LDJbhiq

This is growing me, was a big fan of LBP, in fact that was my first platinum game - I even uploaded a video on how to get one of the harder trophies (something I never do!).

Initial footage had me ‘meh’, but it’s really beginning to look very solid and has (dare I say it) a Mario vibe.

What annoys me is the glowing effect around the outlines of characters. They use something like a lighting map from the environment that isnt taking into consideration light occlusions and shadows and thus characters appear as if they are highlighted/lid.
I see it in many games and it is braking the visuals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting the feeling John just walks around in a state of perpetual surprise. The man is probably surprised to find milk in his fridge. :yes:

Surprise: The lights remain on inside the fridge when you close the door.

I agree though that the game is in good shape, the graphics have really cleaned up nicely, and definitely a nice addition to the library as also something you can play couch coop with four. And it looks like it controls really well too.

I agree though that the game is in good shape, the graphics have really cleaned up nicely, and definitely a nice addition to the library as also something you can play couch coop with four. And it looks like it controls really well too.
I have always been a fan of the graphical style of Little Big Planet and loved the first game on PS3 but have not bought any of the others. But I'm encouraged by the reviews so may pick this up.

I pre-ordered this today, along with Miles Morales and... Valhalla. :runaway: Why do I do this to myself.

But after this awful year, I need joyful games and Astrobot, Sackboy and Miles Morales will fill that much needed void. Then I'll stealth kill the English with an axe. :yep2:

:LOL: WHYYYYYY!!
I've not completed an Assassin's Creed game since Unity (and before that, Black Flag) but I really Assassin's Creed games for a good 20-30 hours where I'm in either invested for the duration or I'm out but the investment has been worth it.

I'm very content with 25+ hours of enjoyment and never playing a game unfinished again and there is something about the Ubisoft formula that really appeals. Apart from this gen's Watch Dogs.

Back