Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

At first the audio device part was surprising but a few milliseconds later it makes sense since it has speakers and a microphone.
Yup, a lot of software bluetooth stacks can only cope with devices with a single bluetooth profile and that will always be the profile with the lowest bluetooth profile ID. If there are more profiles available, they generally get ignored.

It looks like the voice coil actuators are controlled as speakers, which is why that other guy got the doom music going olgoing off from the dualsense's vibration.

Did the Dirt 5 PS5 tech bit not specifically say the haptics was audio waveforms?

Edit it was adaptive triggers that accept a waveform is what was specifically said. Could still be haptics but that is not specified.

1:55 in this video

So I have my PS5 Media Remote, which is quite nice. Royal Mail will be delivering my DualSense later. I shall just hug them until next Thursday. :yep2:

So I have my PS5 Media Remote, which is quite nice. Royal Mail will be delivering my DualSense later. I shall just hug them until next Thursday. :yep2:

My DualSense also arrives today with the PS5 next Thursday. The problem is, it's meant to be a Xmas present for my two older boys, so it won't be opened until late December.

...the next month is going to be hard for me.

My DualSense also arrives today with the PS5 next Thursday. The problem is, it's meant to be a Xmas present for my two older boys, so it won't be opened until late December.
That is super cool!. :yes:

I'd definitely recommending opening it and making sure it works though. And again before Christmas, make sure the firmware and stuff is updated. Because you know PSN is going to be ropey on Christmas Day as lots of people open their presents and spend four hours downloading firmware and game updates.

That is super cool!. :yes:

I'd definitely recommending opening it and making sure it works though. And again before Christmas, make sure the firmware and stuff is updated. Because you know PSN is going to be ropey on Christmas Day as lots of people open their presents and spend four hours downloading firmware and game updates.

Good idea, yeah. I'll definitely do that before Xmas. I need to see what happening with things like Fortnite and if it has a PS5 specific executable too.

I already purchased a little USB HDD and transferred the PS4 games onto that in preparation.

PS5 digital edition got official price in Indonesia and it's only around 10-20 dollars more than PS4PRO.

But the games cost 50-100% more

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...5s-dualsense-is-a-revelation-for-racing-games

La dualsense is great for racing game

On PlayStation 5, WRC 9's got a helping hand with the DualSense, Sony's handsomely featured new controller, and it's a bit of a game-changer. Force feedback has often played a big part in driving games - my first experience of a DualShock, like many others I'm sure, came when rippling across the kerbs of the original Gran Turismo - so it's only right that the best DualSense workout I've experienced outside of Astro's Playroom comes here. There's a nuance and added fidelity here that, if explored a bit more fully, could be as transformative for driving games as the shift from 30fps to 60fps.

That's because so much of driving isn't just about how far you press the loud pedal and how quickly you spin the steering wheel - it's about feel, that seat of the pants sensation that can be such a struggle for traditional control methods to replicate. I'm not suggesting WRC 9 gets all the way there, or that it's an effective replacement for an expensive direct drive wheel and loadcell brake, but it makes some convincing moves in the right direction.

The build-up of tire resistance is a more tangible thing - on tarmac the breaking of traction feels suitably rubbery given the purity of the contact there, while on gravel you'll feel that looser surface sliding under your fingertips too - in a pretty convincing approximation of the feeling you'd typically get through your bottom in a real car. The adaptive triggers also play their part - snatch a brake and you'll feel the wheel locking under your finger, and there's that extra resistance on the left trigger than there is on the right in deference to the feel of a real brake and throttle pedal. There's not quite the amount of resistance I'd really like to see, but it's able to communicate a fair bit more than your standard controller about what the car's doing.

That brake pedal can also seize up after you've punished the car a bit too much, as can the throttle - if your car's shagged, you'll feel it in the rumbles and groans of your pad as you nurse it home - and before you reached that point there are some enjoyable subtle signs of mechanical strain pushed through the DualSense. There are those exhaust pops and turbo flutters, but what I love are the little recurring knocks that subtly suggest something could go wrong if pushed too much further. Great driving games are about enabling a dialogue between the player and the car, and with the DualSense I don't think the vocabulary has ever been so broad.

Back