Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Holy crap, that looked like utter shit of game compared to Ghost of Tsushima. I expect I will be schooled in RT and what not now, but it just felt so bland and simple.
The dialogue was seriously jarring, not that Ghost was any good, but blargh. I hope they have Norwegian audio, because the english one sucked, then I can hear it badly in Norwegian instead. Although they say Dane long boats and shout danes, but who understands that language, not even danish people does that. :D

You can play on PC now with a VPN. Performance is apparently very GPU intensive and lowering resolution is the only way to achieve worthwhile scaling.

I did some benchmarks on my computer (Core i7-6700K no OC w/ slightly OCed 2080 Ti @ up to 1980/7800) with various settings (in 4K resolution):

Low (avg/min/max/1%/0.1%): 77/26/107/57/40
Medium (avg/min/max/1%/0.1%): 64/25/98/47/38
High (avg/min/max/1%/0.1%): 53/21/90/39/30
Very High (avg/min/max/1%/0.1%): 50/23/86/36/28
Ultra High (avg/min/max/1%/0.1%): 46/20/90/33/24

I also timed "Continue" to playable at ~18 seconds @ ultra high setting, but that's probably not really comparable as it might depend on the location in game.

Do we have any report/leak about resolution/frame rate/graphic setting on the new consoles?
If performance is anything like on PC it would have to be a wildly dynamic 4k with low settings. Although i wouldn't be surprised if this is just specific to PC due to it being DX12 and developed by Ubisoft.

Seems like the game as a lot of bugs. More than the usual for games. Just watching the first five minutes of the below review and you can see a lot. That said, if Ubisoft can sort out the bugs, the game could be interesting to play.

Last edited:
Do we have any report/leak about resolution/frame rate/graphic setting on the new consoles?

The claim is 4k/60fps on the XSX and I've seen one video posted here which shows the framerate sticking to 60 in seemingly lightweight areas but dropping under in a dialogue cut scene. The face off on this one is going to be really interesting. I can't see them running much below ultra on the XSX.

I did some benchmarks on my computer (Core i7-6700K no OC w/ slightly OCed 2080 Ti @ up to 1980/7800) with various settings (in 4K resolution):

Low (avg/min/max/1%/0.1%): 77/26/107/57/40
Medium (avg/min/max/1%/0.1%): 64/25/98/47/38
High (avg/min/max/1%/0.1%): 53/21/90/39/30
Very High (avg/min/max/1%/0.1%): 50/23/86/36/28
Ultra High (avg/min/max/1%/0.1%): 46/20/90/33/24

I also timed "Continue" to playable at ~18 seconds @ ultra high setting, but that's probably not really comparable as it might depend on the location in game.

What SSD are you using? I'm running this from a HDD so will post some load times later if I get a chance. Just for laughs.

The claim is 4k/60fps on the XSX and I've seen one video posted here which shows the framerate sticking to 60 in seemingly lightweight areas but dropping under in a dialogue cut scene. The face off on this one is going to be really interesting. I can't see them running much below ultra on the XSX.
Interestingly, it you look at all the current gen games with unlocked framerates that people testing on Series X and PS5, so many show a solid 60fps in gameplay but dialogue and cutscenes stick out as places where the frame rate often goes south.

Everything I've seen of Valhalla looks like pretty sparse environments for the most parts, i.e. not massive towns, but there must be some demanding places. Analogous to most of the Witcher 3's world vs Novigrad.

What SSD are you using? I'm running this from a HDD so will post some load times later if I get a chance. Just for laughs.

I installed it on a 512GB Plextor M8PeG (without the heat spreader). It's old but can still do up to 2GB/s reading.

Back