Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Xbox fanboys are the worst kind, zero logic and they just hate Sony/nintendo because they are super insecure or something + majority of xbox super fans are probably from usa and they tend to hate "imports" even when they are much better, like most cars these days.

Let's not pretend that Sony and MS don't both have awful fanboys. The key is to not let things bother you, ignore people that are clear trolls.

Vertical! I think there is almost universal agreement that both consoles look a big naff horizontally. Of course, you're less like see Xbox in a cabinet where PS5 is rather attention-grabbing.

I think the PS5 disc version, looks pretty good horizontally, not sure which orientation I would put mine to be honest. Series X definitely vertical, Series S horizontal.

Internal batter + charging dock is just superior vs AA-batteries, it is ridiculous that MS still uses those and even more crazy that people defend those as somehow better / easier/cheaper??

The are advantages of an internal battery (PS controllers are practically cheaper). But there are also disadvantages. I rather have MS setup even though I wish MS was generous with their pricing. If I have been lackadaisical (which lately I've been doing a lot) and both my controllers are dead, I can throw in some AA batteries in and keep it moving without the need to go wired.

"Can I store or play PS5 games from a USB drive?

No, players cannot transfer PS5 games to a USB drive. PS5 games must be stored on the console’s internal ultra-high speed SSD for gameplay. Explorations for allowing players to store (but not play) PS5 games on a USB drive in a future update are underway."

Explorations? Okay.

I think the PS5 disc version, looks pretty good horizontally, not sure which orientation I would put mine to be honest. Series X definitely vertical, Series S horizontal.

You promised to stop posting when inebriated. Tsk tsk.

so we got limited options how to connect headphones and enjoy 3D audio, exactly how the earlier playstation blog post suggested.

And no information about USB Audio Class 2 support. No VRR, no 1440p. They got many requests in the comments so hopefully they noticed.

Interesting they say every game will have 3D audio...

Legally they will have to support VRR.
And they may have. Just because it's not included in the UI as an option you can explicitly enable/disable does not mean it's not there for games to trigger. But it needs clarification for sure. :yep2:

I not liking Sony at all this years, I feel that they may fall big and deservedly.

For what exactly? Lol. Minor launch issue aside this is not exactly a ps3 scenario by any means

I hope this isnt about console warrior feature parity with series x concern

Both platforms will have their differing priorities and consumers have the choice to choose what they prefer

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/11/09/ps5-design/

t4nHCZn.jpg

Renders look fantastic because it doesn't have those wobbly reflections from the cheap looking black mid plastic.
The ortho blueprint there really makes it look that the disc version wasn't a priority.

Rather they wanted a design that could accomodate both a disc and a digital perhaps. Rather that one or the other

Back