Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

My only controller ever that got a weak battery is one of my original launch Move controllers. It still works for several hours but it can lose its power faster than the other one also when not used.

I looked on YouTube and you can replace it yourself pretty easily for $12 euros or so it seems.

Yes told you about forbidden west. I just hope we even get it by then, its the game im looking forward to most. The dutch know how to impress with the graphics.

I means more polished PS5 version. I have my doubt about the game since the cross gen annoucement.

Wait what? No PS5 games appear in my ps store.. Hmm probably Asia comes late?
Same as the app in the UK. It's much better than the old app, I can now actually quickly find what I'm looking for on the PS Store without wanting to throw my phone through a window. I think the old app just gave you a mobile browser window to the web-based PS Store that using made you want to throw yourself through a window.

This is fundamentally the point. I have never needed to change one either. While I'm sure it's happened on very rare occasions for people, it actually isn't a common fault of the controllers and the battery type that's used. I'd hazard a guess that it's more applicable to rechargeable AA batteries.

It's surely beyond coincidence that all of the Xbox folks are the ones complaining about PlayStation controllers.

ModEdit: Console Warrior stuff removed.

DS4 were really easy to open, so anyone can replace the battery with a simple guide. But they are rarely even needed to be replaced.

My launch controller pair with 7000-8000h of gameplay still had 4-5h battery life left in them or maybe even more.

Internal batter + charging dock is just superior vs AA-batteries, it is ridiculous that MS still uses those and even more crazy that people defend those as somehow better / easier/cheaper??

Which is easier:

mess with damn batteries all the time, must have 2x more than you need to always have full set ready. Or use non-chargeable AAs and then waste tons of money into those and have the risk of running out of batteries, and cant charge the controller with cable.

or

Keep controller(s) in dock when not in use = always full. Play more than charge lasts? Have extra controller or cheap long usb cable to charge while gaming.

Paying for charger + batteries or using tons of normal batteries can costs more than extra controller + dock in the long run.

Or using AA is just heaven, but I will never know because nobody I know even owns modern xbox

Last edited by a moderator:
Color schemes.

But Xbox comes in black and white. And so does PlayStation!

PS5 is compatible with 8K displays at launch, and after a future system software update will be able to output resolutions up to 8K when content is available, with supported software.​

VRR isn't specifically mentioned but I think there is a good chance that this is automatically selected according to game support.

So maybe the next big disagreement is Vertical or Horizontal?
Vertical! I think there is almost universal agreement that both consoles look a big naff horizontally. Of course, you're less like see Xbox in a cabinet where PS5 is rather attention-grabbing.

Did you get to this part yet, or is that still In The Future for you?

PS5 will support the following audio formats:
  • Dolby Digital (max 5.1ch)
  • Dolby Digital Plus (max 7.1ch)
  • Dolby TrueHD (max 7.1ch)
  • DTS (max 5.1ch)
  • DTS-HD High Resolution Audio (max 7.1ch)
  • DTS-HD Master Audio (max 7.1ch)
  • AAC (max 5.1ch)
  • Linear PCM (max 7.1ch)

Yep. Not impressed. Pretty sure this also means no Atmos in the apps (Netflix and Apple). Really not impressed. Bit fucked off actually.

Yep. Not impressed. Pretty sure this also means no Atmos in the apps (Netflix and Apple). Really not impressed. Bit fucked off actually.

tenor.gif

Tommy McClain

"Can I store or play PS5 games from a USB drive?

No, players cannot transfer PS5 games to a USB drive. PS5 games must be stored on the console’s internal ultra-high speed SSD for gameplay. Explorations for allowing players to store (but not play) PS5 games on a USB drive in a future update are underway."

Hopefully they can implement this sooner rather than later.

Back