Next-Generation Gaming Pre-Orders Poll [2020-09]

Which next-generation pre-order(s) did you secure, or tried securing?

• Secured PS5 (SE) Pre-Order

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Secured PS5 (DE) Pre-Order

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Secured XBSS Pre-Order

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Secured XBSX Pre-Order

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • RTX 3080 Purchased

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • RTX 3080 Received

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Secured RTX 3090 Pre-Order

• Unable to Secure PS5 (SE) and/or PS5 (DE) Pre-Order

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Unable to Secure XBSS and/or XBSX Pre-Order

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Unable to Secure RTX 3090 Pre-Order

• Total voters
My MS Store order now finally says this:

Pre-ordered
Estimated delivery November 10

The order lifecycle since the initial submission was changing to pending, then disappearing from my orders list for a week (though still accessible from the direct link in the confirmation mail) to now saying the above. No confirmation of a credit card withdrawal yet though.

I checked my credit card balance the other day and it shows the console charge as pending, so that should be good news. Well not as good news as them giving me it for free.

If you used all Microsoft Credit(mixture of Microsoft Rewards & gift cards) like I did they took it all the moment I made my pre-order. Still no tracking number, just "estimated Nov 10" like Wavey.

Tommy McClain

Admittedly, this is so weird. I'm getting two consoles through the mail next week. I have fond memories of console launches, standing outside of EBGames, Babbages and then Gamestop. I planned to bring my boys with me to experience them then Covid hit. Granted, I'm older and while this experience doesn't hit me like it did the younger me, I still have a level of euphoria for these events. To my kids currently, these are just more things that Dad is getting from Amazon and I know that this is a first world problem and it speaks from privilege to be able to say this but I was really looking forward to them seeing what a gaming launch is like, why out of all of the things I buy, these are the devices I would wait outside a store till midnight for. I'm not dense nor am I really remorseful as I know that there are far greater issues currently but my kids somewhat define me through my gaming. (My mancave is 99% dedicated to to the artform) I just wanted to be able to share that moment with them.

Admittedly, this is so weird. I'm getting two consoles through the mail next week. I have fond memories of console launches, standing outside of EBGames, Babbages and then Gamestop. I planned to bring my boys with me to experience them then Covid hit. Granted, I'm older and while this experience doesn't hit me like it did the younger me, I still have a level of euphoria for these events. To my kids currently, these are just more things that Dad is getting from Amazon and I know that this is a first world problem and it speaks from privilege to be able to say this but I was really looking forward to them seeing what a gaming launch is like, why out of all of the things I buy, these are the devices I would wait outside a store till midnight for. I'm not dense nor am I really remorseful as I know that there are far greater issues currently but my kids somewhat define me through my gaming. (My mancave is 99% dedicated to to the artform) I just wanted to be able to share that moment with them.

I do not know if this will continue, but if we get the virus under control, you may have a chance to show them something similar when a major new release hits. Digital is definitely going to continue to eat into this but when Destiny launched I was there at midnight. The line outside the Gamestop was the second longest I have ever seen for a video game related release. Plenty of people picked up consoles as well. I think a COD launched that same night though. (Halo 2 was the longest by far. If I had to guess I would say 1000 yards or so.) Maybe see what happens when something like GTA6 launches? Might be worth a look and one of the last chances for that kind of experience.

Got my tracking number too. :D

Yours originate from Louisville KY too? Mine got to Memphis TN. Says they won't deliver before its scheduled date but would be cool if I could get it Monday. Heard others were getting theirs early. My luck I will get it late Tuesday or Thursday. Wednesday is Veteran's Day. So I doubt they ship anything then.

Tommy McClain

Yours originate from Louisville KY too? Mine got to Memphis TN. Says they won't deliver before its scheduled date but would be cool if I could get it Monday. Heard others were getting theirs early. My luck I will get it late Tuesday or Thursday. Wednesday is Veteran's Day. So I doubt they ship anything then.

Yup, Louisville KY (2020-11-05) out to Memphis TN (2020-11-06). Has the same annoying message about not being delivered until Tuesday too. :-|

Yup, Louisville KY (2020-11-05) out to Memphis TN (2020-11-06). Has the same annoying message about not being delivered until Tuesday too. :-|

Same place mine currently sits. The drive would only be a touch over 7 hours for me.......

Finally! Now my next-generation gaming experience can begin. :yep2:

LppxOfY.jpg

I still haven't had a chance to buy ps5. At this point I will probably wait until end of 2021 and look for black friday deals. Assuming that situation normalizes and black friday deals are available.

Back