Watch Dogs: Legion [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

Compared to RTX 3080, res is reduced, reflection quality is reduced to medium / high vs ultra.

A bit shame that Xsx has many downgrades compared to the 3080.

Last edited:
https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-s-...rt-is-slightly-better-on-pc-than-on-consoles/
The Highest target resolution on Xbox Series S for Watch Dogs: Legion will be 1080p (dynamic).
The fundamentals of the ray-tracing are the same across all platforms that support it. For RTX on PC, we do ray-tracing for rougher surfaces in more situations. Ray-tracing relies on a simplified version of the world that we trace rays into. This has been optimized individually for each platform to maximize the number of rays we can process. Overall, the look is similar on all platforms supporting ray-tracing, but side-by-side, only experts will be able to spot differences.

Yeah it's marketing rubbish on the Ray Tracing comparison. The comparison video above makes it pretty clear that the XSX is running at PC medium ray tracing settings, and as very much a none expert, the difference is immediately obvious to me. In fact it's surprisingly large.

True, as evident in DF videos.

Yeah it's marketing rubbish on the Ray Tracing comparison. The comparison video above makes it pretty clear that the XSX is running at PC medium ray tracing settings, and as very much a none expert, the difference is immediately obvious to me. In fact it's surprisingly large.
We still don't know how big navi is going to perform in RT.
It being of lower quality on console is what I expected anyway, this is where something like DLSS would possibly help a lot.

This has been optimized individually for each platform to maximize the number of rays we can process
That's interesting. I am guessing they are reducing the number of rays on XSS.

We still don't know how big navi is going to perform in RT.
It being of lower quality on console is what I expected anyway, this is where something like DLSS would possibly help a lot.

From what's being hinted at, RDNA 2 RT performance falls in line with Nvidia’s first generation RTX cards... slightly under the 2080ti RTX. Which reminds me of earlier rumors that PS5/XBSX had similar RT performance comparable to the 2070/2080 RTX cards.

RT looks bad on consoles. The reflections are only visible the first 50 meters or so then they are replaced by cube maps (and are not even showing the right stuff). Very off putting.

IMG-20201108-110128.jpg

RT looks bad on consoles. The reflections are only visible the first 50 meters or so then they are replaced by cube maps (and are not even showing the right stuff). Very off putting.

IMG-20201108-110128.jpg

Which console was this screenshot taken from? But yes, that looks bad.

Back