Games that were all hype, but ultimately didn't deliver.

For me it would be GTA series. The 2nd one in particular. That and MGS 2. I thought those PS2 signature games were crap. Same goes for RE on PS. Terrible controls.

I could say GTA V. I know it's sold 135 million. So, just for me personally. IGN gave it a 10/10 and even though I knew it's not my style of game, their review convinced me it was a must play so I ran out and bought it. It was Hilary Goldstein(?) on the review I'll always remember. A dude named Hilary.

Predictably barely played much and got bored....GTA is not my thing.

When I was a kid, maybe Sonic on Genesis. Rave reviews, but I bought it and didn't find it that great.

TBH my gaming history is like that, I'm very finicky, other than Destiny and SF2 I have never played just a ton, and rarely find games I actually do enjoy.

Dragon Age 2. There's been plenty of disappointments over the years, but this is near the top. This was the start of EA destroying all that was good about Bioware (a focus on good RPGs first, everything else second). A big F-U to EA for destroying Bioware.

Regards,
SB

I could say GTA V. I know it's sold 135 million. So, just for me personally. IGN gave it a 10/10 and even though I knew it's not my style of game, their review convinced me it was a must play so I ran out and bought it. It was Hilary Goldstein(?) on the review I'll always remember. A dude named Hilary.

Predictably barely played much and got bored....GTA is not my thing.

When I was a kid, maybe Sonic on Genesis. Rave reviews, but I bought it and didn't find it that great.

TBH my gaming history is like that, I'm very finicky, other than Destiny and SF2 I have never played just a ton, and rarely find games I actually do enjoy.

For me it's infamous and spider man on PS4.

Rave reviews, the gameplay videos looks sweet

But both games are totally boring to me.

Skyrim was more or less the same. Got hyped by reviews but really bored playing it.

Luckily mods saved the game.

Back