Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) (SARS-CoV-2) [2020]

You wouldn’t believe it but it is actually cheaper than fake fur, so a lot of people wearing cheap clothes with a fur collar think that they are wearing a fake one where it is actually real.

Even more ironically, we sell our mink fur to China, and China sells us their fur that comes from a dog (Raccoon dog). There is nothing on the label that tells you what it is either so ...

... a lot of people who are wearing coats with what they think is a fake fur are actually wearing real dog fur.

Severa countries have planned to outlaw this kind of fur now, in the Netherlands that was scheduled for 2024 and hopefully will be expedited now.

These dogs pose similar virus mutation risks in China, and I hope as knowledge seeps into the general public this will just stop.

You're in Denmark Pressure?

Apparently the mink farming industry was going to be phased out. Derek Lowe notes that intense animal farming, keeping a lot of animals in close quarters, have caused problems with other viruses and they've had to cull swines for instance.

However, China and Poland supposedly have two of the larger mink farm industries in the world.

Yeah, the mink industry have been on a downward spiral the last 20 years in Denmark. That industry will effectively be gone once we have culled the entire population. Hopefully that will be the end of the cluster-5 mutation of COVID-19.

This is beyond stupid, but what can you expect from some places?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/m...fter-election-day/ar-BB1aJtMp?ocid=uxbndlbing

Missouri poll worker positive for Covid-19 still worked shift, died after Election Day

A Missouri elections supervisor who knew they tested positive for the coronavirus and still worked at a polling site Election Day has died.

The unidentified election judge supervisor in St. Charles County tested positive for the virus Oct. 30 and failed to isolate for the recommended two-week period, the county said Thursday. It is unclear what caused the election worker’s death.

Instead of isolating as advised by the private lab that provided the test, the election supervisor worked at the Blanchette Park Memorial Hall polling site, where 1,858 voters cast ballots. County officials do not think the voters who came through the site would be considered close contacts with the supervisor, but nine election workers have been advised to get tested.

Election workers were required to wear face coverings, such as shields or masks, and dividers separated voters in an effort to curb the virus’ spread, according to St. Charles County Director of Elections Kurt Bahr. The election supervisor was not engaged in activities that would typically keep them in close contact with voters, such as taking identification or handing out ballot materials.

Ohio leadership remains clueless without a plan. Their portal also has a glitch in number of tests, reporting identical numbers as yesterday despite other numbers being accurate.

"Another record-setting day of new #COVID19 cases and hospitalizations in Ohio. The increase we're seeing is not because we're testing more - it's because this virus is spreading more. It's up to all of us to help push this virus down."​

Personally, I'm just amazed that there is a market for millions of mink pelts in the modern day. Who actually uses mink fur these days?

Probably a lot of Asian countries, especially those with rising middle class.

They also love bling in those countries and the Indian subcontinent countries too.

In Finland they're using dogs at the airport to sniff for people who have the infection.

So do they put their snouts to people's noses or mouths?

Seems like the dogs could get infected.

oh gosh, I dunno what happened in France, seemed like a great place to live without the covid. In Spain the situation is bad (not as bad as France) too, except in my region -though we are kinda confined and controlled, which is a good thing- and Canary Islands. Asturias which was an exception and a truly admirable one and had 25 consecutive days without cases has a perimeter lockdown and confinement in place now.... :/

On a different note, now John Biden has a tough job raising awareness about the coronavirus in the country again, but I am sooooooooooo glad that things are going to change in the USA.

What happens in France is that we have "rebels". They think everything they are asked for for their health is attacking their liberty. Some even think there is some conspiracy. Most French people follow the rules but there are enough of these s.its to create that situation :(

What happens in France is that we have "rebels". They think everything they are asked for for their health is attacking their liberty. Some even think there is some conspiracy. Most French people follow the rules but there are enough of these s.its to create that situation :(
sigh I feel for you. I love french -the language, such a beautiful language- and France (the french Bretagne is gorgeous and the history of the country is also remarkable) , but that might explain what's happening. For those rebelling against it -there are some people like that- I'd wholeheartedly recommend them to work as doctors or nurses, then we shall see.

Portugal, another country I love, has been also a good example, at least until now. I wouldn't say they are very careful now, people aren't forced to wear a mask, but they are doing well. I've been in the "fortaleza" in Valença the other day and some people were wearing a mask others weren't, but they don't need to.

On a different note, I just recently -a month ago- discovered that my mother's family comes from Viana do Castelo in Portugal, so I've planned travelling there during Christmas and search for clues about the rest of my family. Always liked Portugal but it was 'cos I lived there for a few months, I can quite understand the language as I speak galician -my maternal language-, which is very very similar and always considered them siblings -also I am a nationalist-, but now... I realised I had more with them in common than ever.

Ohio leadership spreading lies and not sharing the truth. The Gov completely skips tweeting about the insane level of pandemic spread. If it was actually kept safe, there wouldn't be 5.5K new cases of COVID19 today.

"Throughout the pandemic, Ohio employers and workers have come up with creative ways to keep workplaces safe and businesses open. Please keep up the great work, and take these actions if an infection occurs in your workplace."​

Are they also the gilets jaunes?

What happens in France is that we have "rebels". They think everything they are asked for for their health is attacking their liberty.

I'm happy we still have people like this and not just lap dogs who follow every poorly justified rule to the T without questions. Imo it has been long clear that the restrictions are worse than the disease in this one. The death rate does not justify this, the people who are dying are of dying age anyway when you look at macro level numbers. Containing a virus such as this is a fools errand, especially when the case mortality rate is so low. Imo the proper exit strategy is to stop these restrictions, increase the hospital bed capacity a bit and stop the 24/7 fear mongering. The people who are more worried can carry out their own safety protocols as they see fit as in staying/working from home and have stuff delivered to them. Those that want to live a normal life should have an option to do so under these circumstances. Call me again when the death rate is 10x the current level.

Back