Godfall (Always Online Required) [PC, PS5, PS4, XO, XBSX|S]

I was being cautiously optimistic with this game, it was looking interesting enough to dive in, until I learned there's no armor drops/customization. Only color swaps apparently. What's the point of a 3rd person looter if you can't personalize how your character looks?
Damn. You killed my hype for this game LOL

LOL yeah my interest is fading quickly after learning this. Hope it comes someday to PS+ to give it a try. Definitely not spending 70$ on it.

While Godfall does not have different armor pieces like Destiny, but instead Warframe-like Valorplate sets, it does seem to have prioritized the visuals of weapons and how cool they look in addition to what they can actually do.

Skill points carry over from one Valorplate to the next in a universal system so that players don’t have to worry about grinding for levels with each Valorplate, or feel locked in if you decide to, say, drop plenty of points to level up a certain couple of skills.”

Again, this is counter to Avengers, and even Destiny or Borderlands, where every character/class has to be leveled up independently of one another. It’s why players have just one “main” usually and juggling multiple classes can be a full-time job. This sounds like Godfall will be a lot more flexible in that regard and progress is progress across all potential Valorplates, not just each individual one.

“While players will have to go to the forge in the Seventh Sanctum, Godfall’s player hub, to upgrade, but Counterplay is hoping to make the process streamlined. As Heyne described it, “We wanted to make sure this wasn't cumbersome that you had to run from point A, to point B, to point C, and you spend an hour in the Sanctum before you actually get to a mission.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...ll-sound-like-the-anti-avengers/#239ee24d7bea

English version.

Is it just me? The static world i.e. trees grass just puts me off. Maybe it's because I got spoilt by Ghost of Tsushima but if they have the trees and grass moving just a little it would make the world a lot more realistic.

Do you know what, if the reviews say it’s a fun game and it turns out not to be a completely exploitative micro transaction blood sucking piece of shit tool to get people to spend money on rubbish, I may just give it a go!

Do you know what, if the reviews say it’s a fun game and it turns out not to be a completely exploitative micro transaction blood sucking piece of shit tool to get people to spend money on rubbish, I may just give it a go!
IIRC there's no microtransactions at all on this one. With no real character customization what are they going to sell?

it still looks fun to me. still disappointed there isn't an armor game, but at the same time, the silver lining is that I don't become an addicted diablo loot fiend.

no story, nothing makes sense here, about anything, lots of combat and environments I haven't seen before.

Right down my alley.

I haven't really given warframe an honest chance, so I hope I can get around to this one. Warframe turned me off pretty quickly for some reason.

That or destiny is just much more addictive.

it still looks fun to me. still disappointed there isn't an armor game, but at the same time, the silver lining is that I don't become an addicted diablo loot fiend.

no story, nothing makes sense here, about anything, lots of combat and environments I haven't seen before.

Right down my alley.

I haven't really given warframe an honest chance, so I hope I can get around to this one. Warframe turned me off pretty quickly for some reason.

That or destiny is just much more addictive.
It does look fun. But not 70$ fun.

Apparently this is supposed to be quite good:

It is gorgeous too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently this is supposed to be quite good:

It is gorgeous too.

Combat still looks like a far more limited form of Korean MMO style combat. BDO, which I've played, seems significantly better with more responsive combat and more combo moves...waaaaay more moves you can do.

That leaves random items as it's one and only potential reason to play it. And that doesn't seem interesting to me without some type of meta build system in place (like Path of Exile).

Regards,
SB

Back