Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

M2 slot disabled for launch.

This removes some of our thoughts that they would/could support slower drives for PS4 titles etc. It looks like certified only going in there.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/5/21551165/sony-ps5-playstation-5-no-m2-ssd-expansion-launch

From that blurb, the NVME manufacturers say compatibility testing program hasn't started. I'm still not sure if Sony is going to have one [an official whitelist of drives].

I spoke to practically every manufacturer of a PCIe Gen4 stick drive — there is only a handful — and not a single one was able to tell me their drives will actually work with the PS5. Two suggested that Sony’s compatibility testing program hasn’t actually kicked off yet.

Several were optimistic, though, suggesting that their drives should meet Sony’s requirements, and we’re hoping to test for ourselves as soon as we get a chance.

Glad to see I can just move/copy most of my PS4 games to my 4Tb SSD and just plug it into the PS5. Simples. :yep2:

Sure, try making that argument in the courts.
My product just happened to fit only this particular product from another company and it apparently has no other uses.

In at least the US, aftermarket parts is an absolutely acceptable market, especially in the automotive market. It's even acceptable and backed by law that aftermarket manufacturers can use OEM trademarks for the expressed purpose of distinguishing compatibility.

Anyone remember Destruction Derby? That was suppose to be a demonstration of the power of the PS1 at the time.

That and Wipeout were both quite spectacular I thought.
Both of these games came out on Saturn also, even though Psygnosis was owned by Sony at the time. Wipeout had a 64 port as well, but I think Destruction Derby 64 was really DD2. The Saturn port of Wipeout is passable, but not as good as PS1. DD is pretty bad, though, and I don't know if it got any releases in the west.

Anyone remember Destruction Derby? That was suppose to be a demonstration of the power of the PS1 at the time.

I adored Destruction Derby.
Hmm, adored seems weird:unsure: rather I thoroughly enjoyed Destruction Derby:yes:

Anyone know when the PS5 embargo ends today?

So the 0.5w standby mod is more or less complete powered down mode.

Edit: with memory powered up I guess.
Memory and SSD. It says it downloads updates but doesn't install them. It'll be interesting to see what the Custom power profile permits.

I only ever want to download updates and not auto-install then because this loses the suspend state of any game you were playing when you put the console into rest mode.

Does anyone in the UK want my Pulse 3D headphones pre-order at cost before I cancel it? I ended up getting the Arctis 7x and forgot I had these on pre-order - got a reminder email from Amazon so offering here as I know there's no stock.

Does anyone in the UK want my Pulse 3D headphones pre-order at cost before I cancel it? I ended up getting the Arctis 7x and forgot I had these on pre-order - got a reminder email from Amazon so offering here as I know there's no stock.
Are you sure the 7x works on the PS5? I thought the 7p was the headset for the Sony console..

Back