Poll: Next Gen purchasing intentions in the next year

Which next gen console would you buy in the next year, subject to availability

• PS5 (either disc or digital)

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Xbox Series (either X or S)

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Both

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Neither, don't have the money or will assess games library over the next year

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

wco81

Legend
So who knows if we will really have a choice on which one to get in the next 3-4 months but for now, which one would you buy if available?

Well I'm already getting a PS5 this year since I secured my preorder back in September. So if I get another console next year it'll be the SeriesX.

Though it's not a matter of availability, as we here in Iberialand never ceased to have plenty of SeriesX stock. It's a matter of wether or not its games make it a worthwhile purchase to me.

I assume from todays date and 12 months forward and not if I will buy another console in addition to the PS5 I pre-ordered?
That's what I assumed. My purchases are outside the scope of the poll as none of the options apply to me.

I voted for X|S, but tbh, no idea of I'd actually get one or not. The OneS and PC are just fine for now and probably are for the next couple of years. The speedy SSD makes it rather tempting though.

It'll be interesting how the PC Games adjust over the next year, will they force SSD as a requirement or mitigate it with higher amounts of RAM. It won't be until new games start development that speedy storage would have an impact, or so I think.

I pre-ordered Series X, but it might have been the Series S had I not ran into a bit of luck this past summer winning a couple of contests. ;) In the next year I will probably follow-up with a Series S to replace a One S that's going to my daughter next week. If I end up buying the Series S & not getting a divorce, it will be my 5th Xbox console I've bought since 2015. Series X is my 4th. :oops: If they would make that rumored Xbox Game Pass HDMI stick I'd rather do that instead.

Never bought a Sony product. Don't see that changing ever.

Tommy McClain

I have full fat PS5 pre-ordered (along with extra controller, headset, camera, and the free VR adapter). I'll have all 5 generations of PS, all launch day models in my collection. Not at all tempted by the XBox or anything no it, not since the 360 anyway. I bought an OG Xbox for Halo and Black. But I woke up after Halo 3 and realised there was nothing there I couldn't get elsewhere and better. And I have no interest in Gamepass, I prefer to own what I pay for and not just endlessly fork out the equivalent of a game tax :)

I pre-ordered XSX and should have it next week. My son has GamePass (the gift that keeps on giving) and I'll be playing Gears Tactics and The Medium as well as catching up on the world's best modern platformer Ori 2. :)

I'm super looking forward to what MS's 35 dev teams (23 studios) are going to put on GamePass over the next few years.

If for some reason that isn't enough games (and I doubt it), I'll pick up a PS5 when they shrink it to a resonable size and make it less ugly. LOL

I voted ps5, but i probably will wait till the slim edition like i did with ps3. By then all the uncertainties and kinks with the hw will be ironed over and most importantly the price will hopefully be cheaper. I hope they keep the disc editions for the slimline ps5 editions.

Ill get an xbox series s at some point for the exclusives of xbox one and the next gen. I also want a switch pro but who knows when thatll be

I meant to include any existing preorders, since the preorders won't be fulfilled for another week.

Really the question is what people are getting in the first year after launch. Of course on B3D, members are more likely to buy at launch than the general population.

Would be interesting to compare the buying patterns of B3D compared to how the respective market share shakes out between these two next gen consoles. Have Sony and MS ever launched so close to each other?

I believe last-gen PS4 and Xbox One were within a month for most regions.

I have some pity for all the delivery workers this year since they're within days of one another. Maybe next time they can pick the same day. :p

Back