Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Last edited:
A reviewer in era told, he played the Xbox One X version the next gen patch will only arrive next week for Series X.
so weird... so if you have the disc you only have the license for next gen patch/smart delivery? But you don't actually have the enchantments?

nuts. well expected though. I'm not going to give game companies a hard time over this considering
a) covid
b) console launch
c) 8 platforms to cover

so weird... so if you have the disc you only have the license for next gen patch/smart delivery? But you don't actually have the enchantments?

nuts. well expected though. I'm not going to give game companies a hard time over this considering
a) covid
b) console launch
c) 8 platforms to cover

I mean the smartly delivered patch isn't live yet.

After having watched the leaked gameplay (well mostly cutscene): This game looks so generic and forgetful. Sure this game has to run on myriad of devices, but why all faces look alike?

But still I remember the cross gen AC4 was superb on PS4 at launch and the pirate gameplay was quite interesting.

A reviewer in era told, he played the Xbox One X version the next gen patch will only arrive next week for Series X.
Weird decision by Ubisoft. Many reviewers will have a Series X but they can't play the Series X enhanced version. :-?

Weird decision by Ubisoft. Many reviewers will have a Series X but they can't play the Series X enhanced version. :-?

They could make it available to legit reviewers by being in a special access list, just like how everything else is controlled on the Xbox EccoSystem. For everyone else, its wait until release day.

Not saying thats what they're doing here, but if they wanted to, its a possibility.

They could make it available to legit reviewers by being in a special access list, just like how everything else is controlled on the Xbox EccoSystem. For everyone else, its wait until release day. Not saying thats what they're doing here, but if they wanted to, its a possibility.

I'm also assuming they could, I'm going on the basis they haven't.

After having watched the leaked gameplay (well mostly cutscene): This game looks so generic and forgetful. Sure this game has to run on myriad of devices, but why all faces look alike?

But still I remember the cross gen AC4 was superb on PS4 at launch and the pirate gameplay was quite interesting.
I was looking forward to this, I really liked AC1 & 2 but they lost me last gen and watching this it just doesn’t look like an AC game.

I wonder it any of the last gen games are worth a pop in BC mode?

I liked Black Flag quite a bit, mainly because I love ships and the ocean. The Pirates theme was pretty cool too.
Black Flag was awesome. I hated the stupid tailing/eaves-dropping missions but the mix of land-based shenanigans, ship enhancements and high seas combat was fantastic. Add in a great cast of characters, great environment and nonsense story. I must play it again. :yes:

Back