Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Sooo the UK is back in a national lockdown from next week and I had my PS5 set for collection.

Which means, if they manage to send it on launch day, which is dubious, I still have two weeks of lockdown to get through with no PS5.
That’s a good thing about living in the US. Our federalist system does not allow national lockdowns. The states control it, and if you live in a red state like I do, the chances of a lockdown are slim to none.

That’s a good thing about living in the US. Our federalist system does not allow national lockdowns. The states control it, and if you live in a red state like I do, the chances of a lockdown are slim to none.
Lackadaisical response to a pandemic leading to increasing infection rates yes, but on the upside there's a chance I can get a new console, so you can see there are upsides and downsides

It is not like Europe isn’t about the same scale as the US or as if the independence in determining lockdowns and such is all that different between calling them states or countries ;)

Big bummer for the guys doing it. Would of made quite a lot of moola quickly.
I can see why Sony stopped it but there surely will be third party panels sooner or later I imagine.

A little bummer, but it makes sense. Sony designed the shape of the faceplate, therefore the design is Sony’s intellectual property. Imagine it in a hypothetical scenario: some Chinese company carbon copied PS5’s design for their own PC/TV box/router and Sony issued a legal takedown, doesn’t seem all that wrongful now?

I think it's more of a licensing issue and quality control issue. Sony doesn't want unverified faceplates running around doing damage to PS5s which are then blamed on to Sony.

The company probably didn't contact Sony that they wanted to do this either.

It is not like Europe isn’t about the same scale as the US or as if the independence in determining lockdowns and such is all that different between calling them states or countries ;)

In Italy probably lockdown starting from monday 9... Totally true. Just before XSX Day One [emoji19]

A little bummer, but it makes sense. Sony designed the shape of the faceplate, therefore the design is Sony’s intellectual property. Imagine it in a hypothetical scenario: some Chinese company carbon copied PS5’s design for their own PC/TV box/router and Sony issued a legal takedown, doesn’t seem all that wrongful now?
oh I'm pretty sure taobao alibaba aliexpress will have tons of those and custom plates haha

That’s true tho. I remember getting the stand for my Xbox One S for 13 CN¥ (~= 2 US$) on Taobao where the official one retailed for some 10$.

lets see its gonna be different with PS5 or not. As Microsoft has been letting counterfeit propagates for years. But Sony seems very willing to bring the law. Althought, I'm not sure how they can bring the law to Chinese manufacturers/sellers...

that explanation is the clearest compared to other YouTubers. So its basically Nintendo switch HD rumbler on steroids. Should be amazing. As the one on super Mario galaxy (odyssey? i forgot) already feels awesome albeit too wimpy.

EDIT: has this been posted?
Love the break down. Really thorough.

i was hoping he will also break the HD rumble :(

wanna see what inside and compare with the one on switch.
It was sealed so doubt he would want to break it. If there was a screw, no doubt he would have. There will most likely be a video sometime down the line when he gets a faulty controller and a faulty rumble motor.

He tends to buy faulty parts and fixes them and re-sells for profit.

Back