Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Again, I may be on a bit crude, but ‘handled by Sony’ to me means ‘paid for by Sony’. They’ll cover whatever it will cost the devs (in man hours etc) to get the patch done and call it a day. That’s what I would do.
Well I wouldn't have expected otherwise. But the developers would need to make the patches for the game, which is what I was saying.

Yong Yea removed the side plates so show how easy it is to remove, and to show the SSD expansion slot.

I’m curious what surprises we have yet to see from PS5. NX Gamer was saying that what’s been shown is the tip of the iceberg...what with DF comments and most other people who have posted impressions also saying similar things...I just can’t think what these ‘surprises’ might be that people are excited to tell us about.

I am wondering if one might be the ability to save a game at any point and jump back in at the very same point whenever you want from the main dashboard - kind of like the XSX game swapping but not restricted to a handful of games - I think I also saw that games start per loading when you are selecting then, so we could see that any game will load from where you left off in just a few seconds.

I wonder also if the BC benefits are better than we might be expecting - maybe even that some BC titles in BC mode are out performing the XSX version? Now that would be a big surprise in my book.

So is BB only going to fulfill online preorders with those pallets or are they actually going to have inventory at the stores?

OK, if you go to the website, it says pre order online, no store preorders.

But if you go to the product page, it says "coming soon."

Sooo the UK is back in a national lockdown from next week and I had my PS5 set for collection.

Which means, if they manage to send it on launch day, which is dubious, I still have two weeks of lockdown to get through with no PS5.

So is BB only going to fulfill online preorders with those pallets or are they actually going to have inventory at the stores?

OK, if you go to the website, it says pre order online, no store preorders.

But if you go to the product page, it says "coming soon."
BB is definitely doing in-store. I was able to reserve a slot before they open to the general public for my pick up.

BB is definitely doing in-store. I was able to reserve a slot before they open to the general public for my pick up.
but you had an online pre order for pick up right ?

I think he means will he be able to walk into a best buy on launch day and walk out with the system without any pre order. I think the answer is no

Sooo the UK is back in a national lockdown from next week and I had my PS5 set for collection. Which means, if they manage to send it on launch day, which is dubious, I still have two weeks of lockdown to get through with no PS5.
Contact the store tomorrow and see what your options are. They may be able to convert the order to a delivery or kerb-side collection.

Game contacted me about my Series X, I have to go pay by Wednesday, I can collect between 8 and 2 on the 10th. Not too different thankfully.
That sounds encouraging. Perhaps there is latitude for people to collect things like pre-ordered hardware. Technically, if you've already paid, they are not selling non-essential goods.

I’m curious what surprises we have yet to see from PS5. NX Gamer was saying that what’s been shown is the tip of the iceberg...what with DF comments and most other people who have posted impressions also saying similar things...I just can’t think what these ‘surprises’ might be that people are excited to tell us about.

I am wondering if one might be the ability to save a game at any point and jump back in at the very same point whenever you want from the main dashboard - kind of like the XSX game swapping but not restricted to a handful of games - I think I also saw that games start per loading when you are selecting then, so we could see that any game will load from where you left off in just a few seconds.

I wonder also if the BC benefits are better than we might be expecting - maybe even that some BC titles in BC mode are out performing the XSX version? Now that would be a big surprise in my book.

I don't think it's anything related to BC in terms of 3P game performance between the two; for starters they'd have to have a game that's currently BC on both PS5 and Series X. Additionally I don't think they would be hinting at anything that would be perceived as a direct comparison to Series X at this point. Considering they've not done that with any Series X features compared to PS5 (BC or not) so far, and these are mainly neutral content sources, evoking that type of thing even through hints could be seen as fueling warring in a way that's unwarranted, especially if they're hinting such things in a way perceived as gleeful, i.e almost to the detriment of whatever seems unfavorable in that scenario.

Personally I do think it's OS feature-related; heck it could be a 2nd pre-installed game for all we know. Maybe a PS3 title, hinting at BC for stuff older than PS4. That would technically fall into a gleeful interpretation of any such hints but not as a comparison to another platform; by and large I think we all want PS3 (and PS2 and PS1) BC on PS5 ;)

Considering that they explicitly said it had nothing to do with platform comparisons, but you know, why let reality and what was actually said get in the way of dreams. So any talk about comparisons being the surprise is entirely wrong.

DF Transcript starting @ 19:11 said:
Richard: I think from my perspective, without giving anything away, and not talking at all about platform comparisons, uh, I think people are going to be surprised. That's that's my takeaway. There are surprises here, right?

John: Yes. I think we can agree on that. There will be surprises.

Richard: Okay. Well let's leave it at that.

but you had an online pre order for pick up right ?

I think he means will he be able to walk into a best buy on launch day and walk out with the system without any pre order. I think the answer is no

Did BB have preorders? Their site says "Coming Soon."

No I don't mind ordering online. In fact probably better than going to the store and expecting to get lucky.

So any talk about comparisons being the surprise is entirely wrong.
At the end of his most recent video, NX Gamer said he was looking forward to covering the surprises for PS5 as well.

I'm not sure what to expect but I supposed if I did then they wouldn't be surprises. :nope: We know it's quiet, we know it plays PS4 games but perhaps it plays them much better than expected. That would be a genuine surprise to me. :yep2:

Back