Watch Dogs: Legion [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

I am sorry, but that's simply not true, not from that footage. I pixel counted one image happening during night and now 3 images happening during day. They are all around 1440p. My opinion is that as far as I can tell from this footage, this game is locked 1440p without any dynamic resolution. Here are 2 new images I have looked at:

NLpdH0e.png

lAZ5qWD.jpg

This one was quite difficult I estimate it at around 1400p (because of the very low quality, but it's most probably 1440p like the others).

PTiiA9N.png

YWq2uPV.jpg
Well i find day scene is 4k.
unknown (4).png

I am sorry, but that's simply not true, not from that footage. I pixel counted one image happening during night and now 3 images happening during day. They are all around 1440p. My opinion is that as far as I can tell from this footage, this game is locked 1440p without any dynamic resolution. Here are 2 new images I have looked at:

NLpdH0e.png

lAZ5qWD.jpg

This one was quite difficult I estimate it at around 1400p (because of the very low quality, but it's most probably 1440p like the others).

PTiiA9N.png

YWq2uPV.jpg
We will need you to try again once official game footage is released. You are probably right the footage here is all 1440p.
And ubisoft may have been comfortable with releasing it in this state for the sake of getting this video completed and out there, approved etc earlier but it may not be reflective of release.

I naturally would expect the resolution to be changing a lot with a locked 30fps target, night and day should have varying loads on the gpu. I can't imagine them being the same.

?There is no "can't pixel count that".

Its internal render VS. reconstruction (i.e., cbr, temporal injection, etc.) or dynamic resolution (i.e., scales resolution when needed on maintaining performance). More than likely WD:L is using dynamic resolution on maintaining 30fps, with the lowest resolution target bound set at 1440p, which Globby and Dictator have found from the footage. RT is taxing, you're not going to get native 4K @60fps w/RT out of PS5/XBSX... unless the game is very rudimentary in style. And WD:L 30fps w/RT may also be bound by performance, which dynamic resolution should help with.

Last edited:
Its internal render VS. reconstruction (i.e., cbr, temporal injection, etc.) or dynamic resolution (i.e., scales resolution when needed on maintaining performance). More than likely WD:L is using dynamic resolution on maintaining 30fps, with the lowest resolution target bound set at 1440p, which Globby and Dictator have found from the footage. RT is taxing, you're not going to get native 4K @60fps w/RT out of PS5/XBSX... unless the game is very rudimentary in style. And WD:L 30fps w/RT may also be bound by performance, which dynamic resolution should help with.
I think we have some misunderstanding, since i fully agree it's dynamic resolution.

I think we have some misunderstanding, since i fully agree it's dynamic resolution.

Ahh, I see... had to go back and read his last post. Globby believes the internal render is 1440p with ordinary upscaling. Could be a possibility, but in either case a compromise might be needed. Hopefully, Dictator will put this to rest once they receive a physical copy of the game for PS5/XBSX, and validate which resolution solution is being used. Personally, I'm hoping for a good temporal reconstruction solution, which can provide a good balance between steady framerates and high-quality assets w/RT.

Ahh, I see... had to go back and read his last post. Globby believes the internal render is 1440p with ordinary upscaling. Could be a possibility, but in either case a compromise might be needed. Hopefully, Dictator will put this to rest once they receive a physical copy of the game for PS5/XBSX, and validate which resolution solution is being used. Personally, I'm hoping for a good temporal reconstruction solution, which can provide a good balance between steady framerates and high-quality assets w/RT.
Hopefully there are a variety of interesting differences to talk about aside from resolution. But I think this title will be given a good level of scrutiny until cyberpunk2077 arrives.

I think what I wrote is self-explanatory
It wasn't, hence the question. Yes, DF, like many outlets, doubted ray tracing would be barely above a footnote before the actual specs were revealed. Now that we know the hardware, it's perfectly reasonable to compare it to equivalent hardware in the PC space. Albeit again I'm guessing as to your point, as your post was not clearly communicated.

So DF tested current gen(10 more days become "last gen":D) version of WDL.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...u-wait-for-next-gen-to-play-watch-dogs-legion
X1X:1440p-2016p
X1S:684p-900p
Pro:1296p-1620p
PS4:864p-1080p

I start think will XSX version just based on X1X version adds ray tracing?
You may say PS5 won't be only able to run 1296p-1620p(and i agree), but it's more about developers, they could just this lazy.
Hell XSS may even use X1S version adds RT.

Back