Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Man those df comparisons will be something. 1800p 60fps vs 2160p fps arguments for days. Altho dynamic res should be applied for both imo to maintain performance

Man those df comparisons will be something. 1800p 60fps vs 2160p fps arguments for days. Altho dynamic res should be applied for both imo to maintain performance
considering how hard the 3080 and 3090 are getting pummelled at trying to hold native 4K ultra settings at 30fps (For Watch Dogs Legion RTX)
Yes without a doubt, it's very likely to be dynamic resolution. It's just the right thing to do, to adapt to loads

Last edited:
I don't see a problem. As long as it does 1440p 60 then it should be fine. If it does upscale 4K, that's fine too.
I don't have a problem with it running at sub-native 4k either, but they should clarify what it means by "upscaled"

considering how hard the 3080 and 3090 are getting pummelled at trying to hold native 4K ultra settings at 30fps
Yes without a doubt, it's very likely to be dynamic resolution. It's just the right thing to do, to adapt to loads

Yup. This nonsense of whats true 4K (especially in the console space) is going to fade real quick when $500-$1500 PC cards are barely maintaining certain resolutions and framerates with the latest games.

What I find odd, is that console gamers were screaming for 60fps over resolution, now that it is coming, all of a suddenly sub-4K is bad.:LOL:

Console gamers dont know what they want most times and im one. Generally speaking i just want a single stable fps and whatever game the dev wants to make within those parameters. If you want options the pc space exists for a reason.

Yup. This nonsense of whats true 4K (especially in the console space) is going to fade real quick when $500-$1500 PC cards are barely maintaining certain resolutions and framerates with the latest games.
it's also a poor use of power really when you think about it. If you lock resolution you have to downgrade all scenes to ensure that it meets performance at 4K.
By allowing movement up and down, you can vary your scenes that will cut resolution down to accommodate for the scenes that are heavy, and scale resolution up for the scenes that are light. This is preferrable method of programming. Unless you are only interested in benchmarking or comparisons of hardware prowess, this should be the way to go.

I hope all titles going forward are dynamic resolution, removes barrier to design. Gives a chance for newer hardware to run it better.

Curious to see how Series S will perform.

it's also a poor use of power really when you think about it. If you lock resolution you have to downgrade all scenes to ensure that it meets performance at 4K.
By allowing movement up and down, you can vary your scenes that will cut resolution down to accommodate for the scenes that are heavy, and scale resolution up for the scenes that are light. This is preferrable method of programming. Unless you are only interested in benchmarking or comparisons of hardware prowess, this should be the way to go.

I hope all titles going forward are dynamic resolution, removes barrier to design. Gives a chance for newer hardware to run it better.

Curious to see how Series S will perform.
Dynamic resolution is absolutely where it’s at. It would be nice if it worked well on PC.

Last edited:
What I find odd, is that console gamers were screaming for 60fps over resolution, now that it is coming, all of a suddenly sub-4K is bad.:LOL:
I seem to remember a lot saying 60fps even at 1440p would be ok. I mean the UE Demo was at 1440p(30fps) so I think everyone at that point said 1440p at 60fps would be better than 4k 30fps. Hence why everyone was asking for options.

4K 30fps everything on or 1440p 60fps everything on. Checkerboard to 4K is also good imo.

If a game does 4K 60fps bonus. If it does 4K 120fps even better but not a necessity.

Last edited:
Dynamic resolution and effects works really well in Forza Horizon on PC
It only works at 30 and 60 fps though. Would be nice if worked at higher framerates. In Doom Eternal it works quite poorly on my GPU. It will drop resolution massively when i only need like 10-20% performance increase to reach my target. In my experience its just very inconsistent on PC.

dddd

Both is better

4k 120 with ray tracing would be the best

Obviously a steady maintained frame rate is important. I would prefer 60fps and a lower or dynamic resolution to keep that. Of course there is a difference between dynamic where its mostly 4k with some dips to a lower res and when its mostly the lower res with some times hitting 4k.

Everyone preference is different

Take me for example. I'd want the higher frame rate and then higher resolution on gears 5 but would want the higher resolution and then frame rate on gears tactics.

I'd also rather have native 4k 60 over 1440p DLSS upped to 4k @ 120fps .

Those are just my opinions

Given the Gears 5 and Gears Tactics comparisons we've seen for XSX, it does look like it's roughly equivalent to a 2080ti PC running on ultra or near ultra settings.

This isn't that surprising given that consoles usually perform better than equivalent PC hardware. And RDNA2 will have some feature level support beyond a 2080ti that should improve things further once that stuff starts getting used.

4k60 with near ultra seems very possible for AC Valhalla given that. It'll almost certainly have dynamic resolution for those areas that it can't maintain that, but with the right tweaks to IQ, hitting that shouldn't be that much of a reach.

As to Watch Dogs Legions we really have no idea what the RT performance of RDNA2 is, and I think the only RT feature that's confirmed for it is reflections? So it may not be a like to like comparison with the PC RT enabled benchmarks.

I'd expect most of the non-RT settings will be ultra-adjacent there though. Any additional perf issues will get sorted by dynamic resolution.

Last edited:
Given the Gears 5 and Gears Tactics comparisons we've seen for XSX, it does look like it's roughly equivalent to a 2080ti PC running on ultra or near ultra settings.

This isn't that surprising given that consoles usually perform better than equivalent PC hardware. And RDNA2 will have some feature level support beyond a 2080ti that should improve things further once that stuff starts getting used.

4k60 with near ultra seems very possible for AC Valhalla given that. It'll almost certainly have dynamic resolution for those areas that it can't maintain that, but with the right tweaks to IQ, hitting that shouldn't be that much of a reach.

As to Watch Dogs Legions we really have no idea what the RT performance of RDNA2 is, and I think the only RT feature that's confirmed for it is reflections? So it may not be a like to like comparison with the PC RT enabled benchmarks.

I'd expect most of the non-RT settings will be ultra-adjacent there though. Any additional perf issues will get sorted by dynamic resolution.
Why do you say 2080 Ti and not 2080? There is no evidence for 2080 Ti like performance anywhere yet there is direct evidence of 2080-like performance direct from Microsoft itself.

Dynamic resolution and effects works really well in Forza Horizon on PC

It does, and unfortunately it's an outlier. So often setting dynamic resolution options in games on PC induces stuttering/hitching, just seems to work far better on a closed platform.

Is there info about xsx version? Native 4K all the time?
Believe there's new embargo that covers the retail units that everyone has been given now.
Don't think can talk about anything that isn't already out yet(may even be more broad than that), which would cover patches.

So from embargoes being lifted, to an all encompassing one.

Personally thinking best case for ACV XSX version will be 1800p-2160p dynamic, seriously doubt it will native 4k all the time.

Back