Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Dualshock revolutionized controller layout. The real modern blueprint testament to that picture. Lineup contemporary consoles and it has the least changed layout for the controller.
Not on the inside. Give me 3 DS 3's or 4's and I bet they are all different inside.

Yea the battery size is increased by some 60%? if i recall correctly. Playtime was said to be good by some early reviewer but no specific time has been given. My guess is you are right, it would remain at around 10hrs taking all these techs and motors inside the controller into consideration.
I had two original launch PS4 DualShock4 controllers and the battery life of both was around 6-7 hours, which was fine for me. The battery life on the second gen DualShock4 controller, which I think released around the time of the PS4 Pro, was around 10-12 hours.

Dualshock revolutionized controller layout. The real modern blueprint testament to that picture. Lineup contemporary consoles and it has the least changed layout for the controller.

The dual analogue controller you mean. The dualshock came after.

Last edited:
The dual analogue controller you mean. The duelshock came after.
The dual analogue didn't revolutionise anything because barely anything supported it outside of 'digital mode'. :runaway:

Source: day one adopter of the Dual Analogue controller for PlayStation. Some Wipeout games didn't even support it but did support NegCon controllers(!). WTF. Then there were games like Colony Wars that were basically unplayable without it. Hence the problem of getting adoption for features not introduced at the start of the generation, and while it's important to put things like gyros for aiming (the absolutely best!), touchpad and all the cool shiny stuff in DualSense. :yes:

The dual analogue didn't revolutionise anything because barely anything supported it outside of 'digital mode'. :runaway:

Source: day one adopter of the Dual Analogue controller for PlayStation. Some Wipeout games didn't even support it but did support NegCon controllers(!). WTF. Then there were games like Colony Wars that were basically unplayable without it. Hence the problem of getting adoption for features not introduced at the start of the generation, and while it's important to put things like gyros for aiming (the absolutely best!), touchpad and all the cool shiny stuff in DualSense. :yes:

Whaaaat!? Where's the Ape Escape love!

I honestly never understood the huge outrage about battery life of the DS4. It lasts way more hours than it is healthy to play without taking a break.
pft... that's like your non-doctor snek oil opinion. 6-12 hours could be 2-4 gameplay sessions, which is short to me! I'd at least want 7 sessions (i.e. 7 separate days) worth of playing games before having to deal with the battery. Fewer charge cycles at least.

pft... that's like your non-doctor snek oil opinion. 6-12 hours could be 2-4 gameplay sessions, which is short to me! I'd at least want 7 sessions (i.e. 7 separate days) worth of playing games before having to deal with the battery. Fewer charge cycles at least.
Do you not... sleep? :D

Get an extra controller and a charging stand, problem solved.

Back