Demon's Souls Remake [PS5]

I can’t imagine playing a Souls game without HUD. How would you know what’s going on? And how many souls you know you’re going to lose?
I can imagine. the lower left UI is 10 times too big. It's awful.
There is an easy mode though, it's called magic build!
That's the normal settings. There is an easier mode, it's called: item duplication glitch!

^^ the lighting, the way that bench destructs (Souls games and their church benches!) - amazing. I'm so impressed with these guys. Can't wait for DF to do a little video on this!

Last edited:
^^ the lighting, the way that bench destructs (Souls games and their church benches!) - amazing. I'm so impressed with these guys. Can't wait for DF to do a little video on this!

It's very remake in that consistency of that sort of stuff. The bench is great. The spiderboss's invincible cobwebs, not so much.

I have a long list of nitpicks from the latest trailer. It's all very churlish for a lovely looking visual upgrade and the best looking launch title. :D

https://www.levelup.com/noticias/59...s-Souls-no-tendra-raytracing-en-PlayStation-5

Demon Souls does not have ray tracing

“We don't actually implement raytracing in Demon's Souls . It's not because we couldn't or because the PlayStation 5 couldn't do it, it's fully capable of doing it, "said Moore.

“It's like any other graphical improvement, there is a cost [to implement raytracing]. If we had implemented ray tracing in the game, that would mean that we would have had to leave something out. There is a limited time in game development.

When we started development we didn't know there would be ray tracing in the game, so it wasn't in our original vision. What we wanted to focus on was the settings and the look of the characters. Everything is lighting in real time with shadows in real time ”, were the words of Moore.

Makes sense given they never even planned for it and had to be a launch game. They put the graphical priorities in the right places, I love the quality of their real-time lighting and shadows at 60fps.

wN9hlRn.gif

Makes sense given they never even planned for it and had to be a launch game. They put the graphical priorities in the right places, I love the quality of their real-time lighting and shadows at 60fps.

Oh no doubt its a beautiful game, its the game i'm excited for on the playstation. My buddy is living with us for the time being and we got him a ps5 for Christmas so I will buy this for myself to play. Just posting the news

Interesting
But what about this from the article

They talk about ray-traced shadows in 4K mode after the reveal, did they remove it?

no idea , thats the debate now.

Was it pulled because of performance ? Was it never in at all and it was just a mess up ? Will there be a ray tracing patch later on ? Maybe that other platform they had a slide for will have ray tracing ?

Who knows.

That was an error, not a slip up

A rose by any other name my friend. Maybe the error is it was announced too soon. Sony hasn't been super consistent with their messaging . You had the we believe in generations debacle , now apparently there are more games from ubisoft that aren't BC than sony listed , the ps4 vr games that are patched for better resolutions and performance on the ps5 wont run in vr apparently. You can even look at Spiderman to see how badly sony handled hiding and then announcing what other platforms its on

A rose by any other name my friend. Maybe the error is it was announced too soon. Sony hasn't been super consistent with their messaging . You had the we believe in generations debacle , now apparently there are more games from ubisoft that aren't BC than sony listed , the ps4 vr games that are patched for better resolutions and performance on the ps5 wont run in vr apparently. You can even look at Spiderman to see how badly sony handled hiding and then announcing what other platforms its on

The slide they use show the game will release on Xbox too. It show limited exclusivity on consoles and PC version. It was a bad utilisation of a template. And they commented saying it is an human error.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/de...-dynamic-4k-at-60-frames.315358/post-49953718

No raytracing in Demon's Souls Remake. I think performance mode is by far the best mode if fidelity mode is just capping the game at 30 fps for keeping native 4k. If it is like SOTC Remake it is using temporal injection.

Last edited:
Back