Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Yep. Besides, for all we know it may become a gimmick if it's not used properly.

The concept of something being a 'gimmick' can be applied to a lot of things. Heck, a lot of people say that Ray Tracing, in the current implementation, is a 'gimmick'.

It's another one of those highly subjective concepts. Some people will think it's a gimmick, some will 'get it'. And that's totally fine.

What's important is that it is used consistently across all sorts of games, and that's all we can ask for!

Loadings were really too long on this game, now they are normal-ish. On PS3 they were even worse (and I had a freeze once).
Was this speed up applied to just TLOU? Or is it’s happening on all games ? Because it looks like more than 1 title to me.

Was this speed up applied to just TLOU? Or is it’s happening on all games ? Because it looks like more than 1 title to me.

Looks like it's happening across the board, seems they are adopting the Kraken+Ooodle pipeline. If this is the result without the data storage optimisation then it's pretty cool.

Looks like it's happening across the board, seems they are adopting the Kraken+Ooodle pipeline. If this is the result without the data storage optimisation then it's pretty cool.
Yea, if this is what is speeding it up. Compressed size can be the same; but the speed of decompression can be much higher which is really the what oodle kraken brings to the table.

nice to see that license get put to work. I would love an official memo on it; but it’s nice increase worth marketing imo

To clarify, even if you let the sub die and then pick it up later you get access to all the games you’ve added.

Hmm, I was under the impression that if you don't renew PSN, you lose the games even if you do get it again months later.

Nice to know. :)

But it is kind of nuts that for PS5, the most nextgen thing everybody is shouting about is the controller. I may have missed discussion on it here but I saw a close-up picture of the mottling pattern on the controller and Pulse headset and it's made up of tiny PlayStation face button symbols:

You also get them on the camera. Haven't heard about it being on the charger but since it's on everything else, I can imagine it's on there too.

Won't that list be every game since it's part of the terms for releasing games on PS5?

I think that there might be games that simply make no use of the adaptive triggers and haptics, so they wouldn't be? No idea.

Also, since you can't play PS5 games with the DS4, every game has to support the DS5.

EDIT: I'm just posting opposing views on it to have some discussion that isn't focused on a ton of theoreticals in the PC realm.

Also, since you can't play PS5 games with the DS4, every game has to support the DS5.

EDIT: I'm just posting opposing views on it to have some discussion that isn't focused on a ton of theoreticals in the PC realm.

I think the point is that some people are fake-concerned that AT/HF is a gimmick that ‘won’t be used by anyone’.

You don’t *have to* support AT/HF but seeing so many games doing so already is reassuring.

I think the point is that some people are fake-concerned that AT/HF is a gimmick that ‘won’t be used by anyone’.

You don’t *have to* support AT/HF but seeing so many games doing so already is reassuring.
its good to see. and hopefully this becomes the norm. People are jaded though. I am jaded myself about it. I don't think it's fake-concern more so than people just expecting the norm, which they've seen play out over the course of every generation.

if this is different, and it becomes the focus of everything go forward, this would be genuinely the first time it's ever been accomplished since something like Wii. Joycons are more adept than the Wii controllers, but you can see that they are now largely unused for instance.

Comparative list to titles using the 'Impulse triggers' on xbox one.
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_games_that_support_Xbox_One_impulse_triggers

Back