Halo Infinite [Fall 2021] [XO, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

Spencer told me he played Infinite a week ago but had “no update right now” about when it’ll be out. There are also no release dates or timeframes for other promised Xbox Series S/X games, including Rare’s Everwild, Playground Games’ new Fable, nor the console port of this summer’s highly-regarded Microsoft Flight Simulator. That’ll leave Xbox owners waiting and wondering what’s next and when.

I asked if Microsoft would consider offering Halo Infinite’s campaign at a different time than the multiplayer, if one is complete before the other.

“Bonnie [Ross, head of the Halo franchise] and the team will go drive those decisions,” Spencer said. “But I think we want to make sure people feel like they have a Halo experience. I think we can look at options like that.” He said any decisions like that would have to factor in the structure of the game and the story its telling. “So, yeah, I think that’s something to think about, but we want to make sure we do it right.”
https://kotaku.com/xbox-boss-phil-s...init-1845392984/amp?__twitter_impression=true

I woudl not be surprised if you could smart delivery and cut stuff out. But they really need to consider launching them together.

The new Halo seems to be their MP focussed title, they want their own Apex and fortnite etc. Its much harder to get this SP AAA style graphics in such a game. Though i have no doubt they will heavily improve over what we saw last.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...o-game-loses-top-director-after-project-delay

Chris lee quits 343 industries too

halo10.jpg

But who would even want to step up to fill either position? It seems like a losing move.
Salvaging Halo Infinite is the priority. Finding a competent leader once it ships shouldn't be that big of an issue for MS with the influx of big wigs coming in from all the recent acquisitions (especially Zenimax).

The people at the top are part of the problem. Whether they're failing to address the seemingly long-standing technical issues or failing to direct, lead, delegate or manage. I guess Microsoft reached a point where they felt he wasn't the person to get this project back on track.

It's almost definitely for the best.

Salvaging Halo Infinite is the priority. Finding a competent leader once it ships shouldn't be that big of an issue for MS with the influx of big wigs coming in from all the recent acquisitions (especially Zenimax).
the game plays extremely well. My guess is that MS will allow them to drop resolutions down on the one platform and focus on better visuals for the series systems. Game will hit around 2q next year . They will have had another 2 quarters to create more content than what they were preparing to launch with this Nov. It will also allow the graphics team to do a couple passes and implement new textures and get the ray tracing features up and running.

Oh right, but I meant who would want to step into a leadership position today. There's a lot to triage to try to get the patient stable and moved into the ICU. Then they can prep for the extensive surgery. At this point, I kind of expect more direct control from higher ups inside of Xbox and outside of "343", but would they even know what to direct people to do?

Oh right, but I meant who would want to step into a leadership position today.
I reckon there is no shortage of people who would willingly take up this challenge. This is the kind of thing that appeals to some people and if you can pull it off, you'll probably get your choice of assignment afterwards.

I reckon there is no shortage of people who would willingly take up this challenge. This is the kind of thing that appeals to some people and if you can pull it off, you'll probably get your choice of assignment afterwards.
He so have experience in salvaging Destin y

https://wccftech.com/halo-infinite-content-complete-2021-insider/

Looks like someone else is saying what I'm saying

The game as far as I know is complete well launch complete. This is a gas type game where content is going to continue rolling out over the years. But they are ready to launch. They are continuing to work on more content some of which will integrate into release but some will be content that comes out after launch. The xbox one and one x versions of the games are locked. No more work is going to get done on them except the universal content and bug fixes. They are now a 100% focused on getting ray tracing and other advanced features as well as replacing lower res textures and models. That is what the focus is on now. They are hoping to make it into a show case game after the holidays to pick up marketing with it. I don't expect to see anything new from it until early next year.

Oh and anything they can do that improves performance on the s /x that will also improve performance on the one/x will of course be implemented but that may be post launch.

I dont suppose we have any idea how much effort or work has to be done to get additional content added? For Destiny we eventually heard how horrible it was to make content changes, is that the same situation here?

Personally I would have been happy to play the game at launch day as it is now. It looked fun to play and the graphics were good enough. They could have just committed to a post launch patch improving the visuals similar to what Cyberpunk will get at some point. The gameplay should be solid anyway. This game was supposed to be the flagship launch game since forever and it missing the launch is imo an inexcusable failure of the entire Xbox organization. They better make this delay worth all the trouble! :mad:

Back