Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Well, sucks. But not completely surprising. I would rather get good game than go through another cp2077 cycle where everyone including developers get somehow burnt. I wish I knew what went wrong. And I double wish whatever they do doesn't get watered down.

I guess this can be both good and bad. Bad would be to just rush whatever they have to completion. Reboot the game could be for better if the original vision turned out bad. What I hope they don't go and do is to water it down to just another mass appeal game like what happened in mass effect series and dragon age series.

"This news is shocking!", said absolutely no one.

Ah, well. Perhaps Swansong will be good. The Council, while loosing traction towards the end, wasn't half bad, and a similarly contained, RPG-lite story-driven experience with some choice & consequence should fit the World of Darkness setting well.

Super late edit: Was talking about Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong, which is being developed by Big Bad Wolf who also developed The Council.

Last edited:
"This news is shocking!", said absolutely no one.

Ah, well. Perhaps Swansong will be good. The Council, while loosing traction towards the end, wasn't half bad, and a similarly contained, RPG-lite story-driven experience with some choice & consequence should fit the World of Darkness setting well.

First episode of The Council seems to be free in steam. Thank you for the tip. I'll try it.

Well, sucks. But not completely surprising. I would rather get good game than go through another cp2077 cycle where everyone including developers get somehow burnt. I wish I knew what went wrong. And I double wish whatever they do doesn't get watered down.

I sometimes wonder if its constant delays are a result of them attempting to make the game more PC (politically correct, not personal computer) for the general masses in a game based off an RPG that is inherently not-PC. In attempting to not come across as offensive to everyone, they may be finding difficulty in not only remaining faithful to the source RPG, but finding difficultly having an identity.

Considering some of the high profile departures that are known for their prowess in crafting stories that can often feature segments that trigger one or another segment of the public, I can't help shaking the feeling that the constant delays are more motivated by internal politics within the developer and/or publisher than it is about anything technical (although, it's quite likely the title needs technical work as well).

Regards,
SB

If they make vampire politically correct that will ruin the whole game for me. World of vampire the masquerade is not PC at all from how I view it. It's very unfair world where even the player is the small fish that gets pushed around and survives against the odds. Everyone has hidden agenda and can stab you or anyone else at the back if they can get away with it. It's also implying end of times could be near. This is not to say minorities cannot be part of game. It's just that world is pretty unfair to everyone but the old vampires with power who run things for their own gains and games. There is no social justice in the world of vampire. It's winner takes it all.

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt launches later this month | KitGuru
Reception towards the early access release has been mixed, but many agreed that the game showed a good deal of potential. After 6 months in early access, Sharkmob has announced that Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodhunt is officially launching on PS5 and PC on the 27th of April 2022.
While the game is free-to-play, there are of course ways to pay for additional content, including a $60 Founders Ultimate Edition which will come with over 100 character customisation items, over a dozen outfits, emotes, icons, character backgrounds, in-game currency and more.

Back