Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Take the bottom piece off, use tw0 hands to place the console vertically and remove the top piece. No need to drop it on the table.
On a different note, what is it with the console makers that they have to put glossy surfaces on the first iteration of new consoles? It fairs badly against scratches, it’s attractive to fingerprints, and it can look uneven under certain reflections, which makes it look less premium than it’s intended :nope:

I wonder how much PS4 consoles they sold in those 12 weeks.

Seems over 4 million as Gamespot has 4.49 in 2013 which would have been November and December. So 5 million or more?

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/sys...er-year-for-ps4-switch-and-xbox-one-33423602/

Arstechnica reports that they sold 1 million in 24 hours and could have sold 2 million if they have that amount available.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/dont-read-too-much-into-the-ps4s-million-day-one-sales/

On a different note, what is it with the console makers that they have to put glossy surfaces on the first iteration of new consoles?

I thought someone said that was just protective plastic shiny film and not the actual surface of the beast.

I thought someone said that was just protective plastic shiny film and not the actual surface of the beast.
I doubt they'd keep it on. Plus it's just hard to have a perfectly flat/curved surface given how soft plastic is compared to glass, and being glossy really shows it.

WRC 9 on PS5

Edit: looking boring as hell

I don't like racing games but I know there are avid fans of motorsports who will buy enough of them to keep development going.

But I see all those pretty reflections on the car and they're running in dirt and mud tracks so reflections can't be a big deal.

Wasn't one of the showcase games for the PS3 or PS4 a rally game showing mud being kicked up and the windshield wipers constantly clearing the mud? Don't remember the game but people thought at the time that was an example of next gen graphics.

Last edited:
Before people get too excited/upset, I checked a bunch of those not compatible "games" and most were apps; Netflix, Prime, and some media remote apps.
Copied from ResetEra:
CUSA00241 NHL GameCenter
CUSA00294 GAME ONE
CUSA00127 Netflix
CUSA00248 Demand 5
CUSA00099 error - does not exist
CUSA00126 Prime Video
CUSA00214 NBA (Discontinued)
CUSA00123 Rakuten TV
CUSA00399 Hulu
CUSA00095 Crunchyroll
CUSA00272 NBA