CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Wonder what the issue is . low jaguar clocks on the base systems ? ps4 1.6ghz xbo 1.75ghz the pro and xbox one x has a 2.13 and 2.3ghz clock speed. I think if it was the gpu holding stuff back they would just down res the game on the xbox one and ps4 .

Wonder what the issue is . low jaguar clocks on the base systems ? ps4 1.6ghz xbo 1.75ghz the pro and xbox one x has a 2.13 and 2.3ghz clock speed. I think if it was the gpu holding stuff back they would just down res the game on the xbox one and ps4 .
Why not the new Nvidia GPU's that they have to code for? Seems more plausible to me that the PS4/Xbox versions would have been completed some time ago since those platforms haven't changed in years. They said everything needed to run smoothly however the CP2077 benchmark with the 3090 was underwhelming for me. Then there's the new Navi 2 GPU's and the new consoles that are going to be released. Maybe they wanted to code better for that?

Maybe Sony let CDPR know what their secret was to lower loading times and they want to implement that?

Why not the new Nvidia GPU's that they have to code for? Seems more plausible to me that the PS4/Xbox versions would have been completed some time ago since those platforms haven't changed in years. They said everything needed to run smoothly however the CP2077 benchmark with the 3090 was underwhelming for me. Then there's the new Navi 2 GPU's and the new consoles that are going to be released. Maybe they wanted to code better for that?

Maybe Sony let 3DPR know what their secret was to lower loading times?
the game will run on those gpus fine. They could have simply delayed the rtx patch for the game instead of everything. I doubt the 30x0 and navi 2 gpus would have issues running the game. They are both more powerful than what is on the market today or at the very high end of what is at the market end

Maybe Sony let CDPR know what their secret was to lower loading times and they want to implement that?
What benchmark are you referring to?

I'm disappointed but I'm not surprised. A near constant of the universe is CDPR, Rockstar and Naughty delaying release dates multiple times.

Now what will be meaty launch title be? Spider-Man or Assassin's Creed? Hmmm..

Delaying a game that went gold is the epitome of Day 1 Patch culture. It's just sloppy. I understand how we got here, but damn it if it isn't sloppy. The industry should take a hard look on itself and rethink its practices. Day 1 patch should be an embarrassing exception, not the norm. Period.

Delaying a game that went gold is the epitome of Day 1 Patch culture. It's just sloppy. I understand how we got here, but damn it if it isn't sloppy. The industry should take a hard look on itself and rethink its practices. Day 1 patch should be an embarrassing exception, not the norm. Period.

And by the way, the embarrassement here does not fall solely on CD project, but on all platform that certified a broken product expecting it to be fixed after the fact. And since I don't know which is to take the blame, I'll assume it's all of them.

How do you know it was broken? Maybe it was just suboptimal and quirky? Or had certain non-primary aspects disabled?

Possibly, if it moves it outside the window where all the attention will be on nextgen hardware and nextgen games instead of your last gen game.

This isn't new. Ultima 9 was unplayable at launch for the majority of users

This isn't new. Ultima 9 was unplayable at launch for the majority of users

That was on PC, and even there, day one patches were not a thing for pretty much every single title like they are now. Ultima 9 was a news worth blunder, while this is an "oh well" moment.

I have no clue why I'm not excited about this game yet. The graphics and animation is so gorgeous... yet the gameplay shown thus far, seems like "been there... done that" type of play. Maybe once I get into the story my perspective on the game will change.

Reactions: JPT
I have no clue why I'm not excited about this game yet. The graphics and animation is so gorgeous... yet the gameplay shown thus far, seems like "been there... done that" type of play. Maybe once I get into the story my perspective on the game will change.

I am a super big fan of anything Cyberpunk, so I am so afraid of it being a letdown....

Back