Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

unknown.png

https://media.discordapp.net/attach...622172000317/unknown.png?width=370&height=606

need a picture with the stand on lol.
oh boy... this one is going to have to go sideways for me

But still a chance there, since many more use their consoles controller on pc. When designing a multiplat game say from rockstar, wouldnt it just be a switch to flip to enable it for both PC and PS5?
KB/M never need any innovation. And thats the thing with PC, your free to use whichever controller you want to. DS4 has had great support for pc, same features in playstation games on pc for the DS4 as on PS4.
Well hopefully they establish this as a norm and market it in the package of the PC version too.
Sony should take notice. Especially with the console exclusivity that is so wild recently (games released on PS5 and PC only)

Giantbomb like it too

Nice i like the map design, lovely little game. How long is the game?

Well hopefully they establish this as a norm and market it in the package of the PC version too.
Sony should take notice. Especially with the console exclusivity that is so wild recently (games released on PS5 and PC only)

Yes we will see. Good with the impressions so far, cant wait to try this Astrobot.

Annoying to see her clumsily just drop the console on the table when removing it from those cardboard thingies. Should be slapped.
its 10lbs mate. It's not exactly easy to 1 hand a 10lbs weight something the size of ps5. Her hands are too small even if she was strong enough.

That console is nearly the size of a briefcase compared to her upper body.

its 10lbs mate. It's not exactly easy to 1 hand a 10lbs weight something the size of ps5. Her hands are too small even if she was strong enough.

Take the bottom piece off, use tw0 hands to place the console vertically and remove the top piece. No need to drop it on the table.

So the controller is the star of the show so far. I’m not surprised but it’s funny to see that some think that it’s not a big deal or that it’s just ‘marketing talk’. Clearly from the feedback, it’s a great update and I can’t wait to try it.
Agree. What I’m seeing is even more impressive than I was imagining. Going into this gen, I really felt Sony was behind because I love my Elite 2, but I’m reconsidering that opinion.

Since xbox controllers dont have these features its up to the devs to implement the extras for the DS. Atleast first party games will use it (all of them?).
Here is a list of games that confirmed DS support so far
Praedyth said:
List of supported games
  • Astro's Playroom -- Showcase game for the DualSense, expected to tackle all new features in innovative ways. Source.
  • Avengers -- The developers plan to support features like the Adaptive Triggers (AT) and Haptic Feedback (HF). Source.
  • NBA 2K21 -- AT simulate energy/fatigue and HF highlights collisions. Source.
  • The Pathless -- AT simulate the tension of the bowstring and HF helps with the timing of shots. Source.
  • Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered -- DualSense AT and HF support. Source.
  • Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition -- Supports AT (L2) and HF has different sensations for different weapons. Source.
  • Oddworld: Soulstorm -- AT simulate struggle. Source.
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War -- DualSense HF support. Source.
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales -- HF showcases the Venom powers of Miles. Source.
  • Overcooked! All You Can Eat -- Developers tease DualSense features. Source.
  • Ride 4 -- AT simulate gas and brake levers and HF showcases the vehicle's vibrations. Source.
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart -- AT simulate multiple fire modes in weapons. Source.
  • Nour: Play With Your Food -- The developers plan to support features like the AT and HF. Source.
  • Deathloop -- AT block simulates weapon jam. Source.
  • Ghostwire: Tokyo -- AT simulate recoil and HF offers "textured" nuances. Source.
  • Horizon Forbidden West -- AT is used to differentiate weapons. Source.
  • Demon's Souls -- HF showcases the force of bosses with a well-timed guard, gives feedback in well-timed parries and succesful attacks and spells. Source.
  • Godfall -- DualSense is utilized so the player can differentiate between weapons without looking at the UI and can locate enemies spatially via the controller. Source. More info.
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure -- AT simulate struggle as Sackboy carries objects. AT also present on the grappling hook. Source.
  • Gran Turismo 7 -- AT simulate ABS braking and HF is integrated with sound design. Source.
  • Hood: Outlaws & Legends -- The developers confirm full use of the HF. Source.
  • Heavenly Bodies -- Not gonna lie, it has a lot of things related to the DualSense, please give it a look. (Looks fun too!) Source.
  • Goodbye Volcano High -- HF conveys the difficulty of some decisions being made. Source.
  • Jett: The Far Shore -- The developers said the game has a strong focus on haptics. They don't disclose features yet. Source.
  • Solar Ash -- The developers said the DualSense could give feedback they had not known was possible. They don't disclose features yet. Source.
  • Bugsnax -- The developers promise the full use of DualSense features and say they are exploring multisensorial feedback, cites example of changes in terrain via HF. Source.
  • Maneater -- DualSense controller support. Source.
  • DiRT 5 -- DualSense controller support. Source.
  • Madden 21 -- DualSense HF support. Source.
  • FIFA 21 -- DualSense HF support. Source.
  • Returnal -- AT switch between firing modes, supports HF. Source.
  • Watch Dogs: Legion -- DualSense HF and AT support. Source. Source.
  • Destruction AllStars -- AT gives different feedback for each car and HF simulates the impact of ramming. Source.
  • Rock Band 4 -- Supports DualSense's microphone for singing. Source. (Thanks mreddie )
  • MXGP 2020 -- DualSense controller support. Source. (Thanks Xextil )
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising -- DualSense HF support. Source. (Thanks Xextil )
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dualsense™-ot-touch-your-dreams™.310117/

As usual, the 'concern' is unwarranted, when most devs and pretty much everyone who has used the controller are all raving about it, with some even going out saying that MS is going to have to respond to this somehow, as the features do have a big impact on immersion.

Also, quoting myself again but...

Sony is probably allowing people to turn on the console and show how the ON button works.

It was a joke, but what's even funnier is that today's 'embargo' didn't even allow this!! :LOL:

Back