Yoo.. Where is ?

VXq10QJ.jpg

He is correct, 4k is just a marketing term, it really should be 2160p. They just do it cause it sounds like you're getting more

Its similar with the 'widescreen' craze from a decade or so ago, where in fact they sell you something smaller eg 20" widescreen 16:9 is smaller than 20" 16:10 and a lot smaller than 20" 4:3
I guess the meeting went like

marketer #1 "How can we convince ppl to buy something thats cheaper to produce but charge the same (or more) money for it?"
marketer #2 "we can be truthful and call it a 'squashedscreen' or shall we deceive the public and call it 'widescreen'"
marketer #1 "we are marketers, remember being honest doesnt sell products"

He is correct, 4k is just a marketing term

Or just a easier way for consumers to understand. Anyway, im not blaming DF for anything. If a game renders at 2160p they might aswell call it 4k since everyone else does so, Sony and MS do it for their consoles, all TV manufacturers do, NV, AMD etc. People will understand 4k, 8k much better then example 2160p.
Mentioning a 44% difference in resolution wouldn't have sounded any better anyway.

It's like in the early days of PC 4:3 to 16:9 transition and you'd have publishers selling "widescreen" for their game when in fact the FOV would be "tallscreen" for 4:3 users compared to widescreen. Vert+

All is well when it ends well. Our pal is back (I mean, I hope he does not disappear again too soon)

Upping the thread so we can collectively look back and laugh a bit.

Welcome back Shifts...

All is well when it ends well. Our pal is back (I mean, I hope he does not disappear again too soon)

Upping the thread so we can collectively look back and laugh a bit.

Welcome back Shifts...
Given your username, a missed opportunity to place a picture of ShiftyGeezer on a carton.

What a lovely thread! Nothing makes a guy feel welcome quite like a bunch of geezers stalking him on the internet. Expect your court injunctions in the mail soon, with much love.

Not too busy to post on Eurogamer though. Let's face facts it's a snub and in particular a snub to @London-boy.
Not at all. It's just that EG and I already had a history before B3D and it was just simple, easy commenting. Honestly, every time I posted there, I was thinking of B3D.

Edit: Is Al MIA? Should the Stalking Brigade be sent after him?

What a lovely thread! Nothing makes a guy feel welcome quite like a bunch of geezers stalking him on the internet. Expect your court injunctions in the mail soon, with much love.

Not at all. It's just that EG and I already had a history before B3D and it was just simple, easy commenting. Honestly, every time I posted there, I was thinking of B3D.

Edit: Is Al MIA? Should the Stalking Brigade be sent after him?
he's MIA from gaming in general and focusing on other items. I'll let him know you came back.

Back