Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

nice5yjxj.jpg

Gaming trend leak the embargo dates

They have the console.

various embargos

Well, that's crap. We get an unboxing video in two days, then got to wait until the 6th for anything juicy.

The video above it not worth watching, it's a guy opening a box that contains the PS5 box. Bit of a joke.

I really hope they don't bore us to death with mini embargos.

Gaming trend leak the embargo dates
Call my cynical but I'm dubious about Sony embargoing the dates things can be revealed. I'm sure they expressed a preference for those dates not to be revealed but from a media outlet's perspective its in their interest not to share these dates as that keeps people coming back every day, possibly multiple times a day. Revisits = ads = revenue.

Corporations like Microsoft and Sony are not your friend or buddy, they're a business. Media outlets, YouTubers and streamers are not your friend, they are often also a business and their business is entirely predicated on engagement. Engagement = visits/views = ads = $$$.

Call my cynical but I'm dubious about Sony embargoing the dates things can be revealed. I'm sure they expressed a preference for those dates not to be revealed but from a media outlet's perspective its in their interest not to share these dates as that keeps people coming back every day, possibly multiple times a day. Revisits = ads = revenue.

Corporations like Microsoft and Sony are not your friend or buddy, they're a business. Media outlets, YouTubers and streamers are not your friend, they are often also a business and their business is entirely predicated on engagement. Engagement = visits/views = ads = $$$.

They will want the narrative to be uniform and at their pre described pace, probably the slower the better to draw out the or benefit

They don't want a free for all with publications rushing out rubbish because the first to post gets the all juicy advertising $, for all the reasons you say.

If we look at the Xbox press reviews it was all about the same thing, every outlet was talking and discussing the same thing and likewise forum or fan chatter was also on the same point. People follow along and get all the information.

They will want the narrative to be uniform and at their pre described pace, probably the slower the better to draw out the or benefit
Apologies, my post wasn't very clear. I'm specifically talking abut the dates themselves. I responded to chris1515's post saying GamingTrend leaking the dates more info would be available.

From Sony's perspective, does it change things if I know more info will be on Tuesday as opposed to be not knowing? No but for the people peddling info, it's definitely in their interest to be vague: to keep people coming back frequently.

An unboxing of the box that the PS5 comes in. We're only allowed to show you the PlayStation 5 still in the box so here it is from every single angle possible.

:LOL:

I suppose the embargo is to allow all the PS5's to be delivered so they can all release their opinions at the same time. Has DF got theirs yet?

An unboxing of the box that the PS5 comes in. We're only allowed to show you the PlayStation 5 still in the box so here it is from every single angle possible.

:LOL:

I suppose the embargo is to allow all the PS5's to be delivered so they can all release their opinions at the same time. Has DF got theirs yet?

Please god, no.

These teases are analogous to a slow fart.

It'll give everybody time to receive their console, unpack it and spend some time with it and importantly, have time to experience it and reflect upon it. The initial experience is rarely that great, you're updating firmware, restoring/re-installing games, updating those etc. The first 24 hours with a modern console/PC is geenrally getting into the state you want it to be to properly enjoy it.

It'll give everybody time to receive their console, unpack it and spend some time with it and importantly, have time to experience it and reflect upon it. The initial experience is rarely that great, you're updating firmware, restoring/re-installing games, updating those etc. The first 24 hours with a modern console/PC is geenrally getting into the state you want it to be to properly enjoy it.

If Gaming trend dates are true. I suppose european press will receive it monday but rumors tells beginning of next week or mid week.

And trying to find locations where you can put the behemoths.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/benq-1440p-will-be-supported-by-the-ps5.312679/

Ben Q say PS5 is compatible with 1440p monitor.

While there’s a lot of talk of 120Hz with regard to the new consoles and late 2020 graphics cards, let’s be realistic. Most of it doesn’t apply to 4K, but more to 1080p or 1440p. It’ll be another generation before 120 frames per second in 4K are normative for the majority of games. We expect the PS5 (and by extension, most PC titles) to deliver firm 4K 60Hz for the next few years. If you’re interested in high frame rates, you may want to consider a good QHD gaming monitor, as 1440p will be supported by the PS5 with a higher likelihood of 120Hz in that resolution

Why is there talk of 4K120 being this ultra rare thing, when all HDMI 2.1 TVs support just that?
We're talking all the Samsung Q70 and up, all of LG's OLEDs from the last 2 years, plus models from Vizio, Sony, etc.
And the list should grow exponentially within the next year or so. I doubt that in 2022 there will be any TV above $1000 that doesn't support 4K120.

Are there really more people planning to use the console with a PC monitor than people with a HDMI 2.1 TV?

Is this explicitly saying that PS5 will support 1440p output for displays or just that games that run at higher frame rates might run at resolutions around 1440p....because the latter doesn't confirm the former automatically.

While there’s a lot of talk of 120Hz with regard to the new consoles and late 2020 graphics cards, let’s be realistic. Most of it doesn’t apply to 4K, but more to 1080p or 1440p. It’ll be another generation before 120 frames per second in 4K are normative for the majority of games. We expect the PS5 (and by extension, most PC titles) to deliver firm 4K 60Hz for the next few years. If you’re interested in high frame rates, you may want to consider a good QHD gaming monitor, as 1440p will be supported by the PS5 with a higher likelihood of 120Hz in that resolution.

Back