Movie Reviews 2.0

Never heard of Trancoso. Suppose to be off the beaten path? See that it's long ways from Rio and other big cities.
It's incredible. Bit pricey, on the top end of Brazil holiday destinations, lovely little town with miles and miles of beautiful, mostly empty beaches.

Just watched Borat 2. To be honest I don't think it's a particularly good movie. The humor doesn't really work for me. Most of it is been there done that type of jokes that aren't even very fun if you haven't heard them before. If it wasn't for the Giuliani scene I don't think this would have gotten much attention.

Yeah, WW1984 was pretty much just a remix of
Superman 2, as both had to rescind their wish to save the world.

Been going through a slew of old 80's and 90's movies and am still impressed with them.

Yesterday watched Starman 1984, Jeff Bridges plays the part well and the movie is still decent in this day and age with all the crap movies coming out.
The Thomas Crown Affair 1999 is a fav of mine, still bloody excellent. Leon The Professional 1994, another favourite of mine. Fantastic movie. The Fifth Element 1997, The 13th Warrior, The Long Kiss Goodnight 1996, Powder 1995. All still good/great imo.

Will watch Ferris Buellers Day off 1986, Firefox 1982, Red Dawn 1984 and The Seventh Sign this weekend.

John Carter 2012, don't understand why people didn't like it. I think it's really good and enjoyed watching it again two days ago.

Oh and Thank you for Smoking 2005! Still bloody amazing. I love this movie. It's all about smoking and the lobbyists yet no one smokes in the whole movie. Brilliant imo. If you haven't watched it, do yourself a favour and do so.

Last edited:
Back