Nvidia FX Composer 1.0

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/fx_composer_home.html

Overview

FX Composer empowers developers to create high performance shaders in an integrated development environment with unique real-time preview & optimization features. FX Composer was designed with the goal of making shader development and optimization easier for programmers while providing an intuitive GUI for artists customizing shaders for a particular scene.

Good that NVidia's getting into this, too. It's be nice if ATI made an update to RenderMonkey. . .

We currently have no plans to support GLSL or Cg in FX Composer.

Too bad no one is caring about GLSL at the moment..
Any news about GLSL support in rendermonkey?
I read some time back that it was going to support it in the future..

Well, GLSL support is supposed to make it into RenderMonkey. ATi and 3DLabs made an agreement last year to cooperate on RenderMonkey, and IIRC 3DLabs were supposed to do the GLSL part. I have no idea what the status of that is though.

NocturnDragon said:
We currently have no plans to support GLSL or Cg in FX Composer.

Too bad no one is caring about GLSL at the moment..
Any news about GLSL support in rendermonkey?
I read some time back that it was going to support it in the future..

Also note the second half of that quote:
Please let us know if you need a tool like FX Composer to create shaders in these languages.
I do expect GLSL to catch on among OpenGL developers, and so I expect nVidia will be producing a GLSL development GUI, particularly given nVidia's very strong support of OpenGL since about the TNT2.

I've visited seminar held by Natasha Tatarchuk (RMonkey head) about writing GLSL shaders in beta version of next RenderMonkey - so IDE exist and running rather well. Probably it's already available to registered developers (as FXComposer did for a long time) :rolleyes:

Currently we see some strange things: after a long time one group at NVIDIA updated Cg to version 1.2 (including modifications/enhancements to CgFX) and another group at NVIDIA currently do not have even plans to support CgFX in FXComposer. It have not looked that strange over a month ago when Cg looked like an abadoned path, but now...

Back