AMD: Navi Speculation, Rumours and Discussion [2019-2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 weeks seems a bit long historically, at least to my recollections.
Event Oct 28, cards received Oct 30/31, review NDA lifts on Nov 3-5.

Seeing the issues with Nvidia's launch and shipping delays/mixups, I would expect an extra week at the most or Nov 9-11.

Announce - Review for lead SKUs on each arch/product generation -

Navi 10/5700XT - June 10 - July 7

Vega 20/Radeon VII - Jan 9 - Feb 7

Vega 10/Vega 64 - July 30 - Aug 14

Polaris 10/RX 480 - May 31 - June 29

Fiji/Fury X - June 16 - June 24

Hawaii/R9 290x - Sep 25 - Oct 23

Tahiti/7970 - Dec 21 - Dec 22 - Retail availability date was Jan 9th.

Also Zen3/Ryzen 5000 - Oct 8 - Nov 5 retail, presumably reviews on that date or somewhat before

Yes, looks like these results could be more than just rumours and close to final performance, but for RX 6800 XT? Honestly, i didn´t expect this kind of performance for 6800 or 6800 XT, so we can expect a 15-20% extra for 6900 XT? Maybe they made it and will take RTX 3090s rasterization performance crown after all? Remember not just 4K but 1080p and 1440p will be interesting too.
Its impressive what AMD achieved and a very wellcome back at highend gaming graphics cards indeed.

RDNA2 won´t dominate everything though, its fair to expect Ampere will still lead in some aspects or games, RT in general for example, although it could vary depending on implementation, but it will be a close race in rasterization and competitive in RT. Sweet spot for video memory too with 16GB. Lets see prices, power/temp/noise, and drivers, AA...I´m more interested in RX 6700, should be close to RTX 3070/2080 Ti and enough for 1440p and high fps for a good price/power.

Last edited:
Power/Performance doesn't look much better than NVIDIA, bummer. Was hoping for something more power efficient as I'm not willing to upgrade my 650W PSU. Would be great if the RX6700 was on the same ballpark of RTX3070 power wise, but faster!

Yes, looks like these results could be more than just rumours and close to final performance, but for RX 6800 XT? Honestly, i didn´t expect this kind of performance for 6800 or 6800 XT, so we can expect a 15-20% extra for 6900 XT? Maybe they made it and will take RTX 3090s rasterization performance crown after all? Remember not just 4K but 1080p and 1440p will be interesting too.
Its impressive what AMD achieved and a very wellcome back at highend gaming graphics cards indeed.

RDNA2 won´t dominate everything though, its fair to expect Ampere will still lead in some aspects or games, RT in general for example, although it could vary depending on implementation, but it will be a close race in rasterization and competitive in RT. Sweet spot for video memory too with 16GB. Lets see prices, power/temp/noise, and drivers, AA...I´m more interested in RX 6700, should be close to RTX 3070/2080 Ti and enough for 1440p and high fps for a good price/power.

If someone have told me AMD can beat Turing in RT, I would have laugh. I am a console gamer(PS5) and I am happy PS5 and XSX will be good because of AMD progress in CPU and GPU architecture. And the result is more competition is equal to better price for PC gamers, a 3080 at 699 dollars is great or great price for 3070.

If someone have told me AMD can beat Turing in RT, I would have laugh. I am a console gamer(PS5) and I am happy PS5 and XSX will be good because of AMD progress in CPU and GPU architecture. And the result is more competition is equal to better price for PC gamers, a 3080 at 699 dollars is great or great price for 3070.

It looks good so far but Port Royale uses RT lightly. Control will be real stress test. I don't know of any upcoming games that use RT as heavily. I think Call of Duty is just shadows and Legion is just reflections.

It looks good so far but Port Royale uses RT lightly. Control will be real stress test. I don't know of any upcoming games that use RT as heavily. I think Call of Duty is just shadows and Legion is just reflections.

Minecraft and Quake 2 with pure pathtracing will be interesting benchmark too.

Last edited:
If RX 6700 XT is close to 2080 Ti performance at 1440p and less than 200W, thats my sweet spot too. But as long as RDNA2 top cards manage a 15% lead in perf/watt over ampere which could be more or less expected from node advantage 7 vs 8, its good too beeing on par or slighty ahead. Not that ampere is bad at perf/watt at all, its better than turing and anything previously released so far. I´m more concerned in heat dissipation though. RTX 30s temps are fine, but not every chip is easy cooled even if it has less power. Ryzen 3000 for example, its power efficient but tends to be a bit hot, not easy to cool 7nM example...

Seems like a damn good uarch. The only thing missing is a proper DLSS competitor, nobody is going to turn on RT if it means 50% performance hit

I am sure they will have one. I heard at least one of the two console platform holder recently introduce some deep learning reconstruction algorithm in is SDK.

Yeah, I mentioned that before in this thread and opened a can of worms. Be careful lol.

Im innocent! Im not gonna discuss the merits of DLSS, we have the other thread for it. But its fairly obvious AMD will present something similar on the 28th. I was just excited about it :D

Announce - Review for lead SKUs on each arch/product generation -

Navi 10/5700XT - June 10 - July 7 E3

Vega 20/Radeon VII - Jan 9 - Feb 7 CES

Vega 10/Vega 64 - July 30 - Aug 14 E3

Polaris 10/RX 480 - May 31 - June 29 Computex

Fiji/Fury X - June 16 - June 24 E3

Hawaii/R9 290x - Sep 25 - Oct 23 Hawaii Event

Tahiti/7970 - Dec 21 - Dec 22 - Retail availability date was Jan 9th. CES

Also Zen3/Ryzen 5000 - Oct 8 - Nov 5 retail, presumably reviews on that date or somewhat before

Thanks for posting those dates, I added the industry events tied to them.
I totally forgot that they were usually tied to industry events even though I know I watched most of those listed.

At risk of beeing offtopic, in my case DLSS-like or some other AA implementation would be wellcome too but not essential, just an extra. Its just AA method after all, one with great perft/quality if you want. I usually play at 4K native with no AA at all or 1440p high refresh for some games. If graphics card performance is up to it, i may enable AA in the form of MSAA or good old high quality filters but avoid using temporal AA and its terrible IQ in a lot of games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back