Formula 1 - 2020 Season

Racing Point driver Lance Stroll says he tested positive for coronavirus after the Eifel Grand Prix weekend.
The Canadian - who did not race - was unwell and displayed a number of Covid-19 symptoms at the Nurburgring race but was not tested over the weekend.
Stroll said his symptoms were "pretty mild" and he went home on the morning of the 11 October race and took a test.

He had another test on Monday, before this weekend's Portuguese Grand Prix, and returned a negative result.
"I feel in great shape and I can't wait to be back with the team and to race in Portugal," he added on social media.

Racing Point did not report Stroll's illness at the Eifel Grand Prix to governing body the FIA as a potential Covid case.
A spokesman for the FIA said it would not be taking any further action because "we don't feel that there has been any breach of the (Covid) code".

The FIA's code of protocols for dealing with Covid-19 says participants must "comply with the instructions of his/her Stakeholder (team) and the Covid-19 Delegate" if "he/she tests positive for the Covid-19 virus or he/she starts to suffer from any Covid-19 symptoms".
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/54626704

Also how can you not know the Nurburgring by heart, even if you just drove it in games? That’s unimaginable to me, even more so for a European driver.

It’s pretty scary to drive when wet though!

I'm guessing he simply never drove the track, not even in games. To be fair I can imagine it's not that interesting to them as they are racing on many different tracks throughout their careers.

for me grosjean is not a big loss
magnussen is a fierce competitor but he has had a lot of chances

i think haas is locked on ferrari and can be seen as ferrari b-team in principle. i would expect mick schumacher in there at some point. they say 5 year plan, so maybe mick as test for 1 year with hulk and perez on short deals with options. pick the best to pair with mick in 2022

Remember, Steiner (Haas team boss) basically told Sky that they’re looking for pay drivers for the next one or two years because they’re short of cash right now and performing worse will net them more aero dev time for the new cars in 2022, so Hulk and maybe even Perez with his Telmex money seem unlikely. I’m too lazy to look up the payout table, but even ignoring the aero dev time advantages it may make more financial sense to take guaranteed money from two pay drivers than risk maximizing what’s been a poor platform and what is currently a lagging engine for potentially no championship payout.

The F1 (Lawrence and Will) heard Mick, too (maybe from Joe ;)).

yeah so my original theory holds, perez hulk 2021 haas. short deals with options. fire one to get mick or nikita

though nikitas dad is pretty loaded so he could pay his way for sure

“The key point to remember is that the F1 teams will get about half their usual money in 2021 because of the low revenues this year and thus some of them have to throw away normal racing logic and concentrate on survival. And that takes money…”
yep perez brings, i think hulk also brings
but mazepin can bring money from daddy's coffers

mick schumacher can probably bring on name but idk

Mick may bring an engine discount if he’s a Ferrari driver, just as Williams is hoping Russell will do for them. I didn’t realize Hulk brought that much money. I still think that experienced, solid drivers like Perez and Hulk may not be attractive since Haas doesn’t necessarily want good drivers for next year while they’re stuck with this poor car and engine. Rookies who could stumble their first year and bring money may be ideal.

Also 95% Max’s fault for the P2 crash with Lance. The 5% is in case that’s Max’s normal line through that corner, which I doubt. The Sky drivers both thought it was 50/50, so maybe there are different expectations as a race driver in practice. The stewards said Max assumed Stroll would back off. I guess he assumed all the way into taking a compromised line into the corner to start a flying lap?

Back