Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

All joking aside, I wonder if the cover also acts as a dust deflector of some sort helping push dust away and towards the catchers?

it looks to be funneling the air thru pre defined locations. so yeah, it could also make the dust catcher works better

Come on dudes, catch up - I said this over a week ago. It seems illogical to cover the side intakes but consider that by doing so, it prevents unpredictable turbulence impacting their carefully modelled airflow. When you consider that, it makes sense. :yes: Depending on the environment, it may actually have worse airflow with the side panels removed.

Come on dudes, catch up - I said this over a week ago. It seems illogical to cover the side intakes but consider that by doing so, it prevents unpredictable turbulence impacting their carefully modelled airflow. When you consider that, it makes sense. :yes: Depending on the environment, it may actually have worse airflow with the side panels removed.

Is my analogy correct? I've seen air conditioning with fan on high and then this ac is pointing at the ceiling fan. The ceiling fan then starts struggling and you'll even hear it struggle. They're even roughly 10 feet apart.

When I reroute the ac fan direction (PS5 side panels), then the ceiling fan stops struggling.

I have a question I’ve been meaning to ask the last few days.

About games with unlocked frame rate which I very much look forward to playing on PS5.

Question is, it looks like those games will run at 60fps, but what is stopping them from running faster and being full of tearing? If they’re not patched and the frame rate is unlocked, does this mean that all unlocked games on PS4 have a cap at 60fps built in so we don’t have to worry about tearing?

I have a question I’ve been meaning to ask the last few days.

About games with unlocked frame rate which I very much look forward to playing on PS5.

Question is, it looks like those games will run at 60fps, but what is stopping them from running faster and being full of tearing? If they’re not patched and the frame rate is unlocked, does this mean that all unlocked games on PS4 have a cap at 60fps built in so we don’t have to worry about tearing?
If game has double buffered v-sync it should not tear and it also limits to display refresh. (As does 'normal' triple buffering.)

Possibly semantics, unlocked being a cap higher than the game is usually making. It will probably be a 60 cap that only happens when looking at the sky but it will stop the game going off the rails when either the load is unexpectedly low or in the PS5 case being run by substantially beffier hardware.

Will be interesting as if jlippo is correct it may got to 120 if you have your system set to that?

John Linneman of Digital Foundry tweeted ‘Well, next-gen coverage is getting underway - I'll be covering games big and small as well as games on each platform.“ So I assume they’ve received their PS5?

They may have an NDA that doesn’t allow them to:

- Say they have a PS5,
- Say they have an NDA,
- Say what they had for lunch,
- Say what they have received by post/courier in the last month,
- Leave the house
- Go to the loo without permission

John seems really hyped about it. I always like his enthusiasm in his videos. He is saying Spiderman is actually showcasing the PS5. It's odd that he says this as they didn't even make an analysis about the 60fps mode. Go figure. Spiderman at native 4K60fps, Demon's souls and Ratchet are technically the most impressive games I have seen yet.

John seems really hyped about it. I always like his enthusiasm in his videos. He is saying Spiderman is actually showcasing the PS5. It's odd that he says this as they didn't even make an analysis about the 60fps mode. Go figure. Spiderman at native 4K60fps, Demon's souls and Ratchet are technically the most impressive games I have seen yet.
Not to sound like scummy Lindsey Graham ("you can use my words against me"), and I know I have been saying I will only ever use the 60fps modes next gen but.... Given the choice between Spiderman at 30fps with RT, or 60fps without RT, I will go for the 30fps option.

I know, I have no morals.

But I would absolutely love a 1080 or 1440p option with RT and 60fps, if that was given to us. Not sure why push for 4k60 when 1440p is mighty fine.

Is my analogy correct? I've seen air conditioning with fan on high and then this ac is pointing at the ceiling fan. The ceiling fan then starts struggling and you'll even hear it struggle. They're even roughly 10 feet apart. When I reroute the ac fan direction (PS5 side panels), then the ceiling fan stops struggling.

Yes, fans and other cooling systems are designed for passive airflow environments and they are designed with their air flow calculated to be effective and efficient when not having a secondary air flow directed at them.

But I would absolutely love a 1080 or 1440p option with RT and 60fps, if that was given to us. Not sure why push for 4k60 when 1440p is mighty fine.
You may be surprised at how few TVs seem to support native 1440p/60 input. Before my LG, my Sony X-series supported it out of the box it then it just vanished in a firmware update and never returned.

Back