Nvidia Ampere Discussion [2020-05-14]

Except that FE was supposed to be 15th, then all dates got moved back to 29th.
If FE is coming 27th, it's new information. NVIDIA still says 29th.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-3070-available-october-29/
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/30-series/rtx-3070/
Reviews. 29th is the date of availability.
It was similar with 3080.

I dunno what was the initial 3070 FE review embargo date btw. Wouldn't surprise me if it was 13th or so.

Reviews. 29th is the date of availability.
It was similar with 3080.

I dunno what was the initial 3070 FE review embargo date btw. Wouldn't surprise me if it was 13th or so.
Nope, NVIDIA specifically said RTX 3070 will be available 15th before announcing they're delaying it by 2 weeks to 29th.
NVIDIA has never said anything about 27th, so if reviews are now 27th, that's new information.

Nope, NVIDIA specifically said RTX 3070 will be available 15th before announcing they're delaying it by 2 weeks to 29th.
NVIDIA has never said anything about 27th, so if reviews are now 27th, that's new information.
Review embargo is usually under embargo.

Huh? The claim was that if the 27th is real, it's a new date NVIDIA hasn't talked about, not in public and not for all the press either.
A new review embargo date was set at the same time as the availability date was moved to 29th. It wasn't public - and neither was the review embargo date when the availability date was 15th. If anything here is new to you then okay.
But NV hasn't disclosed either of these two dates and they hasn't disclosed them now. Videocardz is not NV.

You said:
If FE is coming 27th, it's new information. NVIDIA still says 29th.
FE isn't coming on 27th, you're confusing review embargo date and availability date. Which is exactly what I've said already.

A new review embargo date was set at the same time as the availability date was moved to 29th. It wasn't public - and neither was the review embargo date when the availability date was 15th. If anything here is new to you then okay.
But NV hasn't disclosed either of these two dates and they hasn't disclosed them now. Videocardz is not NV.

You said:

FE isn't coming on 27th, you're confusing review embargo date and availability date. Which is exactly what I've said already.
I thought the "reviews" was given because of the context which specifically was about reviews.

And like I said, NVIDIA hasn't communicated any other dates than the 15th (original) and 29th (new) to all of the press either, not even all who get RTX 30 FE's straight from NVIDIA for those damn reviews have been told any other dates. That's why I'm saying if VideoCardz claimed 27th is correct, it's new information.

Back