FREE Games List [2008-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life is Strange 2 Episode 1 should be a permanent free title now. They need something to bring in potential consumers for their other episodes.

Total War: Troy’s (previously free on Epic) Amazons DLC is free to claim until Oct. 8th. It seems to require a Total War Access account which will give you an EGS code. Unclear if you’re also required to link your TWA and Epic accounts.

Instructions here: https://www.totalwar.com/access-amazons/

Last edited:
Genshin Impact (JRPG) - Free on PS Store.
F2P, not really temporarily or newly free. But I’m not familiar with “gacha MMOs,” so I don’t know if the free part is (designed to be) fun.

Edit: It might be:
https://www.gamesradar.com/genshin-...-of-the-wild-and-its-totally-worth-your-time/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/09/30/genshin-impact-impressions/

ps store ?
PlayStation. Feel free to avert your eyes. ;) PC version isn’t on Steam/etc. You download the game directly from the dev/publisher: https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/gaming/how-to-download-genshin-impact-4101011

Pikuniku is now available with a 100% discount on the Epic Games Store. As usual, this will be free to keep for all who claim a copy over the next seven days. Epic also reveals the two new giveaways that will take its place at that time as ABZU and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Armor of Heroes, and Endless Zone are free as part of Sega’s 60th anniversary thing on Steam. Click Play and that should add it to your account, which you can confirm by checking Account Details > View licenses and product key activations.

There’s also free Two Point Hospital and Total War Shogun 2 DLC.

Available until 10am PST / 6PM BST October 19th

I think you can get some Steam icons or wallpapers by watching a Sega stream for ten minutes.

Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Free
The Chinese Room’s Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is free this week on the Epic Games Store, alongside developer noio’s Kingdom New Lands. Both games are free until Oct. 22 at 11 a.m. EDT, when Costume Quest 2 and Layers of Fear 2 will take their place. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is particularly timely, as a game that’s perfect to play around Halloween.
Kingdom New Lands, on the other hand, is a strategy survival game from 2015.

Brimstone Brawlers goes Play for Free
The Lovecraftian brawler game, set within the dark, soot filled streets of industrial Brimstone. Battle the inhabitants of the city in multiplayer arenas and solo challenges with an action-packed mix of top down shooter and MOBA mechanics.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Armor of Heroes, and Endless Zone are free as part of Sega’s 60th anniversary thing on Steam. Click Play and that should add it to your account, which you can confirm by checking Account Details > View licenses and product key activations.

There’s also free Two Point Hospital and Total War Shogun 2 DLC.

Available until 10am PST / 6PM BST October 19th

I think you can get some Steam icons or wallpapers by watching a Sega stream for ten minutes.
Derp! I missed it.

GOG is giving away Europa Universalis 2 for the next 89 hours (til Oct 24th 1pm UTC).

Also, someone demade the beginning of Disco Elysium for the GameBoy. I can't say how faithful it is, but it's definitely playable.

Derp! I missed it.
Yeah, there was also Golden Axed (a prototype) and I think 8-bit Bayonetta (again). Nothing major. The DLC might still be available: Total War Shogun 2 DLC, Two Point Hospital DLC

Edit: Huh, John at DF just did a live stream of Golden Axed with two of the devs involved. They went on to found their own studio that made Assault Android Cactus! This positive publicity after Tim (the engine dev)’s miffed tweets is pretty cool.

Last edited:
Elite Dangerous: Horizons is now free to all owners of the base game
Frontier Developments announced today that Elite Dangerous: Horizons is now available for free for all owners of Elite Dangerous. All the season content included in Horizons is now part of the Elite Dangerous base game including planetary landings and surface recon vehicles. Horizons also features multicrew joint operations, weapon crafting, ship-launched fighters, permission to land at many surface star ports and other locations. Additionally, it provides access to the coveted services of the elusive Engineers, offering countless new gameplay opportunities for all Commanders. In Elite Dangerous, players can fly with friends, fight for a cause or go it alone. Players’ actions change the galaxy around them in an ever-unfolding story. Players can also explore a detailed 1:1 model of our real galaxy, and be the first to discover one of 400 billion star systems.

The Textorcist: Story of Ray Bibbia up on Epic.

Next week's freebie is Elite Dangerous--which apparently now includes the Horizons DLC for free as part of its latest update--and The World Next Door.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back