Noita (2D + physics + magic + roguelite)

Pete

Moderate Nuisance
Legend
“Noita is a magical action roguelite set in a world where every pixel is physically simulated.”

So, permadeath and randomly generated worlds, yes, but the physics (douse fire with water, break walls to drain vats of acid, burn wooden structures) and customizable wands (the trailer gives you a good idea of what compound spell effects can do) make it interesting.

It’s been mentioned in another thread (with launch trailer), but it looks like it deserves its own.

The gameplay video towards the end of Eurogamer’s review is worth watching for the Teleportitis perk alone. (I imagined the player character continuously screaming throughout each teleport sequence/nightmare. Imagine stubbing your toe or catching your robe on fire and teleporting into a room full of enemies. Classic witchery.)

ITAD page with price history and Steam, GOG, Humble, and itch.io links.

I'm not really into permadeath roguelites. Somehow this clicks with me. It probably due to death being massively entertaining. The moment you have any real power you're a danger to yourself as much as others. Everything's on fire! Everything's exploding! Everything's a sheep!

Bought this but not sure when I will have time to play this. Looks very interesting. It's 20% off in steam at the moment.

Looks good, and fun. I'm not really into randomly generated levels though
But well done to the developer

Back