inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

I loved that game too, finished it (which means something to me ;) ) and I also really enjoyed Festival of Blood. In fact I think I finished all of them? It's been a while now though!

In the destruction video from First Light above you half expect Spiderman to swing by and stop her :D
Infamous Second Son was my first Platinum. I really enjoyed it and hadn't played anything like it on PC at that point in time. I also liked that it used the DS4 touchpad and speaker and the rumble was amazing to me having not had anything similar on the PC.

The game was defintely a highlight for me and is what kept me on the PS.

Infamous Second Son was my first Platinum. I really enjoyed it and hadn't played anything like it on PC at that point in time. I also liked that it used the DS4 touchpad and speaker and the rumble was amazing to me having not had anything similar on the PC.

Actually Control on the PC became my substitute for Infamous. Lots of similarities between them.

SAME! First ever platinum!

Whats wrong with the graphics? They hold up really well

Detail wise, it does hold up, but the lighting js positively PS3. After the whole industry has learned to do proper lighting, PBR and tonemaping, its hard to go back... Infamous 1 looks posetively DRAB all of the time. The 2nd one in New Orleans was more pleasing to the eye though.

Detail wise, it does hold up, but the lighting js positively PS3. After the whole industry has learned to do proper lighting, PBR and tonemaping, its hard to go back... Infamous 1 looks posetively DRAB all of the time. The 2nd one in New Orleans was more pleasing to the eye though.

Im talking about SS. The lighting was the biggest next gen thing about it

Infamous-Second-Son-Screenshot-11.jpg

Last edited:
The first two infamous games always looked the epitome of the worst of 7th gen to me. Low resolution brown muddy messes with constant pop in and performance issues(especially the first one) Not sure how you fix that without remaking the entire games themselves.

For me compared to sonys other first party studios with the ps3(nd with uc 2 and 3, santa monica with god of war 3 and ascension, guerilla with killzone 2 and 3 ect) sucker punch absolutely felt like they had the worst growing pains with the cell architecture and ps3 development in general compared to their ps2 and ps4 work.

I passed on this title on ps4 as it was meh for me but now I'm playing it 60fps on ps5 and realy enjoy it. Recommand everyone to check this on ps5, its only 1800p cb but another good example of proper cb usage. Game still holds graphics nice.

one of my favorite games of last gen and the graphics still hold up very well. Liked it more than the other Infamous games to be honest.

The first two infamous games always looked the epitome of the worst of 7th gen to me. Low resolution brown muddy messes with constant pop in and performance issues(especially the first one) Not sure how you fix that without remaking the entire games themselves.

For me compared to sonys other first party studios with the ps3(nd with uc 2 and 3, santa monica with god of war 3 and ascension, guerilla with killzone 2 and 3 ect) sucker punch absolutely felt like they had the worst growing pains with the cell architecture and ps3 development in general compared to their ps2 and ps4 work.

It started to really come together with the Festival of Blood DLC, that looked pretty great already. But yeah second son and the stand-alone DLC for that was great too, maybe even better.

I think we mentioned it before but this game has some pretty interesting overlap with the Spider-Man games, and in some aspects this game was cooler, with the particle effects and the physics based explosions etc.

It started to really come together with the Festival of Blood DLC, that looked pretty great already. But yeah second son and the stand-alone DLC for that was great too, maybe even better.

I think we mentioned it before but this game has some pretty interesting overlap with the Spider-Man games, and in some aspects this game was cooler, with the particle effects and the physics based explosions etc.
At the beginning of every generation we have some titles that seem to do staff that arent much done by later games.
It is indeed very interesting how well Infamous holds up to this day still.

Back