CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Cyberbunk on console is RT enabled?
October 18, 2020
75747_44_watch-dogs-legion-runs-at-4k-30fps-with-ray-tracing-on-ps5-xbox-sx_full.png
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7574...ps-with-ray-tracing-on-ps5-xbox-sx/index.html

If I follow the dots. It says not enabled
Granted, I just always assumed it would be available at launch but seems it will be sometime into 2021. Also looks like a new ML based software will be introduced for automated NPC facial animation.
Ray tracing will only be available on PCs with GeForce graphics cards or via GeForce NOW at launch, though we expect that it'll be eventually compatible with AMD's new Navi graphics cards as well as being featured on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X once the proper enhancement updates drop for the next-gen consoles in 2021.

In addition to that, the Polish developers have added a ton of under-the-hood systems for Cyberpunk 2077, from simulation-based dynamics for clothing and liquids to multi-layered shaders, as well as an improved asynchronous compute pipeline (the game requires DX12, after all).

The crown jewel when it comes to tech innovations that can be found in Cyberpunk 2077 may be an unexpected one, though. We're referring to the use of JALI, a machine-learning-based software for automated facial animation. Sebastian Kalemba, head of animation and associate game director on Cyberpunk 2077, went ahead to describe the choice made by the studio in this regard.
https://wccftech.com/cdpr-talks-gi-...-and-using-jali-to-automate-facial-animation/

Granted, I just always assumed it would be available at launch but seems it will be sometime into 2021. Also looks like a new ML based software will be introduced for automated NPC facial animation.

https://wccftech.com/cdpr-talks-gi-...-and-using-jali-to-automate-facial-animation/
yea it would seem as though it would not be available for Navi cards this year either. Its unfortunate, not sure if nvidia has exclusivity on that, or its just not enough time for them to do it. Probably the latter.

Also looks like a new ML based software will be introduced for automated NPC facial animation.

Sounds like a great use of ML capabilities. I have a feeling Nvidia's early investment in tensor cores is going to pay off well this generation.

It also looks like CP2077 is going to be a big driver for NV sales over the next few months given it's apparent show piece of RT effect and support for DLSS.

Sounds like a great use of ML capabilities. I have a feeling Nvidia's early investment in tensor cores is going to pay off well this generation.

It also looks like CP2077 is going to be a big driver for NV sales over the next few months given it's apparent show piece of RT effect and support for DLSS.

I didn't think Jali was for ingame animation. I thought it was for speeding up animation pipelines?

I will be quite dissapointed if CP2077 has a vendor lock-in for RT effects as this is not the way to win customers. I prefer for both vendors to fight it off on performance and feature set like DLSS or Anti-lag which are not a part of standard API's.
Oh well, I will check few in game spots on my RTX laptop and play without it on a desktop PC ...

I will be quite dissapointed if CP2077 has a vendor lock-in for RT effects as this is not the way to win customers. I prefer for both vendors to fight it off on performance and feature set like DLSS or Anti-lag which are not a part of standard API's.
Agreed, though wonder if the RT development approach for non-RTX GPU's (AMD/Intel) will mirror what we see done on consoles.

yea it would seem as though it would not be available for Navi cards this year either. Its unfortunate, not sure if nvidia has exclusivity on that, or its just not enough time for them to do it. Probably the latter.

Perhaps Nvidia have kindly offered Dev support and accidentally written it all in Optix instead of DXR.

Conspiracy asside if it was DXR as long as AMD have a DXR driver for Big Navi it would just work on their cards regardless (perf may be an unknown but it would run)?

Perhaps Nvidia have kindly offered Dev support and accidentally written it all in Optix instead of DXR.

Conspiracy asside if it was DXR as long as AMD have a DXR driver for Big Navi it would just work on their cards regardless (perf may be an unknown but it would run)?

In theory yes, it should work. DXR is just an extension to DX12 and it's added by Microsoft. However, there's always the possibility of some implementation details not clearly defined in specifications which might cause problems, as NVIDIA's RTX is currently the only publicly available DXR implementation and it's likely all game developers and game engine developers all do development on RTX. But since the DXR specification is not that complex, I think it should not be too hard to fix if something like that actually happens.

In theory yes, it should work. DXR is just an extension to DX12 and it's added by Microsoft. However, there's always the possibility of some implementation details not clearly defined in specifications which might cause problems, as NVIDIA's RTX is currently the only publicly available DXR implementation and it's likely all game developers and game engine developers all do development on RTX. But since the DXR specification is not that complex, I think it should not be too hard to fix if something like that actually happens.

The only problem that could arise is if they are mixing Dx11/12 with Vulkan (specifically prorprietary Vulkan extensions) as some titles are doing. I believe the Crysis remaster is mixing DX and Vulkan.

Regards,
SB

The only problem that could arise is if they are mixing Dx11/12 with Vulkan (specifically prorprietary Vulkan extensions) as some titles are doing. I believe the Crysis remaster is mixing DX and Vulkan.

Regards,
SB
I think they mix DX11 with Vulkan because DX11 does not support DXR/RT. DX12 does, so no need for that.

I am getting my PS5 2-3 weeks after release so was hoping to play CP2077 on PC until then. Now i am getting the game at the same time as I will be getting the console. Sucks!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Just yesterday they were confirming to people there would be no delays for those scheduling time off.

Back