inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

does the enemy AI and animation in full infamous is better than first light?

the game looks very jarring in places. it looks awesome but suddenly, why i have no shadow when doing this this or this, why the people ignore me running around like The Flash, why the enemies act with the exact same animation at the exact same time with exact creepyness (very noticable on the 1st car ambush)... etc

Well I didnt play First Light. Only the full game. And I have to say that the AI wasnt the best example.

Sony needs to add option for taking HQ PNG pics.

Been saying that snice KZSF. The jpgs are so underwhelming compared to the real games that I stopped taking pics unless I am showing off somepiece of gear in Destiny. The beauty of the moment is completely lost in the jpeg compression. Half of the colours are lost.

So I started First Light up and it's definitely a little bit smoother and faster than Second Son. Forgot how pretty this engine is. Got a bit bored of it so I'll take a look another time.

Surprised to see first light for free on Ps+. Not into these side stories but for free can't complain so far, just doing he training bit.

^^ nice when you "shoot back" the door that was flying to you. Nice physics that did not dissapear in 3 secs :D

This game really needs to be patched or remastered for the PS5. Finished another playthrough and I must say, this game still holds up after 6+ years. The lightning and particle systems oddly enough still outshines many late generation titles, even the precalculated / baked reflections and shadowing is still damn impressive. Great game...

Certainly one of the first games to test on Ps5.
Would be lovely in 60fps.

Graphically the first thing that comes to mind is that fat g-buffer. (was it 45? Bytes for each pixel.)

It doesnt need to be patched. There is already a pro patch with an unlock fps option. Ps5 should get it to locked 60 at 1800p easy

Apart from the reflections, its technically superior to over 90% of games launching today
And actually looked quite fun to play.
So why wasn't it bigger that was it was?

They should make a sequel for the ps5

Apart from the reflections, its technically superior to over 90% of games launching today
And actually looked quite fun to play.
So why wasn't it bigger that was it was?

They should make a sequel for the ps5

The mainline games had great success across PS3/PS4, with 80+ MC scores. Some hated Delsin, and wanted Cole to return. Hopefully a nice update or new mainline entry is on it's way.

Metacritic per Wiki...
Infamous: 85/100
Infamous 2: 83/100
Infamous: Festival of Blood*: 78/100
Infamous Second Son: 80/100
Infamous First Light*: 73/100

*DLC

The mainline games had great success across PS3/PS4, with 80+ MC scores. Some hated Delsin, and wanted Cole to return. Hopefully a nice update or new mainline entry is on it's way.

Metacritic per Wiki...

*DLC

I suppose if a new Infamous game shows up in the near future, it's probably made by someone other than Sucker Punch. They ptobbly had the entire studio working on GoT given how long it took to release, and with the great reception of the game, I assune they'll have all hands on deck on the sequel now to really polish the thing up to hit a real homerun on PS5 some 2-4 years from now.

Metacritic per Wiki...

*DLC
OK thanks, I didnt realize it was part of an existing franchise already, I guess there wasnt much love for the premise.
Looking at wiki, Im guessing it sold at least 5 million but not 10 million, shame cause it technically was top notch

I loved that game too, finished it (which means something to me ;) ) and I also really enjoyed Festival of Blood. In fact I think I finished all of them? It's been a while now though!

In the destruction video from First Light above you half expect Spiderman to swing by and stop her :D

Back