Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate now Includes EA Play! [XGP, GamePass]

It's official! Our classic LucasArts adventure game remasters of Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, and Grim Fandango are coming October 29 to Xbox Game Pass members! Travel through time, cruise the open road, or solve mysteries in the Land of the Dead. All on Game Pass!

Some folks are asking: "Where will these be available? It is just Xbox?" Good news, it applies to Game Pass on Xbox, Windows 10 PC, and Android! We hope you enjoy these classic adventures wherever you play them!​

It's official! Our classic LucasArts adventure game remasters of Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, and Grim Fandango are coming October 29 to Xbox Game Pass members! Travel through time, cruise the open road, or solve mysteries in the Land of the Dead. All on Game Pass!

Some folks are asking: "Where will these be available? It is just Xbox?" Good news, it applies to Game Pass on Xbox, Windows 10 PC, and Android! We hope you enjoy these classic adventures wherever you play them!​

Assuming just a port of the PS4 version?
Believe they was released on there

Grim fandango is one of my favorite games of all time. I revamped my mancave earlier this year. I purchased a custom made grim fandango waste basket to be in here. The mancave is a homage to gaming from my eyes and this was one of the things I wanted.

Those are some of the best retro remasters I've ever played, and from some of the best games I've ever played. If anyone has not tried them, do so.
Full Throttle has evaded me for so long.

Some folks are asking: "Where will these be available? It is just Xbox?" Good news, it applies to Game Pass on Xbox, Windows 10 PC, and Android!​
This isn't the first time they've used this language, but "play it on Android" and next year "play it on iOS" are a good marketing spin.

New titles coming...
  • Carto (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – October 27
  • Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Console & PC) – October 29
  • Five Nights at Freddy’s (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – October 29
  • Full Throttle Remastered (Console & PC) – October 29
  • Grim Fandango Remastered (Console & PC) – October 29
  • PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (Android) ID@Xbox – October 29
  • ScourgeBringer (Android) ID@Xbox – October 29
  • Unruly Heroes (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – October 29
  • Celeste (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – November 5
  • Comanche (PC) – November 5
  • Deep Rock Galactic (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – November 5
  • Eastshade (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – November 5
  • Knights and Bikes (Console & PC) ID@Xbox – November 5
  • Ark: Survival Evolved: Explorer’s Edition (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – November 17

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/10/26/xbox-game-pass-coming-soon-october-november-2020/

Tommy McClain

"Starting today for a limited time, @XboxGamePass Ultimate members can stream all the great entertainment available with Disney+, including content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. Learn more: @ https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/11/09/disney-comes-to-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-perks-this-holiday/"

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/11/09/disney-comes-to-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-perks-this-holiday/

Today we’re announcing the newest Perk for our Ultimate members: 30-days of Disney+*.

Starting today, Ultimate members will be able to stream all of the great entertainment available with Disney+, including content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. From old favorites to the latest epic movies, series and Originals from the world’s best storytellers, including the new season of The Mandalorian, we’re excited to provide this trial as a Perk to our members. Ultimate members who are new to Disney+ will be eligible to claim the 30-day subscription trial through the Perks Gallery on their Xbox console, on the Xbox app on Windows 10 PC, or through the Xbox Game Pass mobile app on iOS and Android. Once the Perk is claimed, members will be directed to the Disney+ site activate their subscription. Disney+ is also available on Xbox One and will be available on Xbox Series X and S, so you can download the app via the Microsoft Store. If you’re interested, don’t wait too long! Members can claim and activate the trial until January 31.

*Valid for new Disney+ subscribers only. 18+ only. After trial, Disney+ automatically renews at $6.99/mo until you cancel. Subject to Disney+ Subscriber Agreement https://www.disneyplus.com/legal/subscriber-agreement. Limited time offer. One per account. Available in AU, AT, BE, CA, DK, FI, DE, IE, IT, NL, NZ, NO, PT, ES, SE, CH, GB, US. Claim by 1/31/21. Redeem by 3/2/21.

I skipped the Xbox One but just purchased and Xbox X, so I'm excited about having the backlog of games to get caught up on which presumably will be available on game pass.

But can someone walk me thru the hack where Gold becomes game pass? Can I reactivate my old Live account and subscribe to Gold and get access to this library of games? What the is the best way for someone like me who hasn't had an active subscription for a very long time to get up and running?

TIA

But can someone walk me thru the hack where Gold becomes game pass? Can I reactivate my old Live account and subscribe to Gold and get access to this library of games? What the is the best way for someone like me who hasn't had an active subscription for a very long time to get up and running?

TIA

Once you have nearly 3 years of GOLD subscriptions setup on your account (for best value), then you can redeem any of the "Try Game Pass Ultimate for $1" or redeem code for Game Pass Ultimate and it should convert your entire subscription over to GPU. Of course you can do this with any length of GOLD subscriptions, but the best value is preloading as long a time as possible before redeeming/converting to GPU.

Once you have nearly 3 years of GOLD subscriptions setup on your account (for best value), then you can redeem any of the "Try Game Pass Ultimate for $1" or redeem code for Game Pass Ultimate and it should convert your entire subscription over to GPU. Of course you can do this with any length of GOLD subscriptions, but the best value is preloading as long a time as possible before redeeming/converting to GPU.

Thanks, so stack 12 months of Gold for 36 months and then convert to game pass?

Yes, It's not a biggie but be careful not to buy or try to redeem over 36 months of Live, as you can only redeem 36 months of Live, not more than that. That might sound like an obvious thing to do, but when I did it. I bought 3x12 month Gold codes and when I started to redeem them, MS gave an extra month for turning on automatic recurring payment option for the moment you run out of your subscription. After you have redeemed a code, you can turn the recurring payment off again and you get another extra month doing the same process with your second 12 month redemption code, so at that point I couldn't redeem my 3rd 12 months code, because I would have gone beyond the 36 months as I was at 26 months after my 2 codes + 2 bonus months.

I then had to buy a 6 month code and a 4 month code to get to 36 months and sell the extra 12 month code I had... There might be some 12+1 codes circulating as well, so just pay attention not to redeem more than 36 months.

After you have changed your Gold account to Game Pass Ultimate, redeeming a 12 month Gold codes only converts to 4 months of Ultimate.

Last edited:

Yes. Stack before the $1 (or cheap 1 month code) conversion to Game Pass Ultimate.

GPU includes Gold and Game Pass for Console and Game Pass for PC and xCloud for tablets/mobile into one, where you're essentially getting Game Pass PC and xCloud for free if you look at monthly rates.

Thanks for the all the insight, I am starting to think skipping a generation is a good idea, by waiting I can play the best stuff during the early drought and if I understand Game Pass correctly, most of what I want access to will be included

Back