Marvel's Avengers (Square-Enix) [PS4, XO, PC, XGP]

That's interesting. The Digital Foundry analysis suggested that the PC's ultra settings were equivalent to next gen console (likely just speculation) but the performance was seriously punishing with even a 2080Ti unable to hold 4k 30fps without dynamic resolution scaling if I recall correctly. I wonder if this is less about bringing better graphics and more about further optimizing the existing ones. If so then hopefully those optimisations will be ported back to the PC version.

At least they got some money for Sony exclusive content, right?

At least they got some money for Sony exclusive content, right?

Possibly, but I'm not 100% sure if Spider-Man is available yet on PS4. But I'm 100% sure I'll never purchase this mess, not even a 80% off Steam special would convince me.

I told my son to wait until it was $20 and he didn't listen to me and paid full price and he is not impressed. :(

Honestly that’s how I felt with my partner who is still playing this game, but I can see that he’s only playing it to make it look like it was a good buy - he’s right and I’m wrong - as evidenced by the fact that he turns it on, plays for a bit then leaves it after a few minute.

Honestly that’s how I felt with my partner who is still playing this game, but I can see that he’s only playing it to make it look like it was a good buy - he’s right and I’m wrong - as evidenced by the fact that he turns it on, plays for a bit then leaves it after a few minute.

LMAO, my wife does this crap too. Whenever she's wrong about a purchase she'll pretend a problem doesn't exist, then l'll find the damn item buried down in her closet whenever I'm sent on a mission of finding something.

https://www.ign.com/articles/marvels-avengers-hasnt-recouped-its-development-costs-yet

Marvel's Avengers Hasn't Recouped Its Development Costs Yet
Square Enix sees ¥7 billion loss after lower-than-expected sales and high marketing costs.

Marvel's Avengers sales have been lower than expected, and the game hasn't yet recouped its development costs, leading to an estimated ¥7 billion (approximately $67 million USD) operating loss in Square Enix's HD Games segment during the last financial quarter

Game analyst David Gibson previously explained that the company sold 60% of its planned units, and that the numbers implied the game cost around $100 million to make.

https://www.ign.com/articles/marvels-avengers-hasnt-recouped-its-development-costs-yet

Marvel's Avengers Hasn't Recouped Its Development Costs Yet
Square Enix sees ¥7 billion loss after lower-than-expected sales and high marketing costs.

Marvel's Avengers sales have been lower than expected, and the game hasn't yet recouped its development costs, leading to an estimated ¥7 billion (approximately $67 million USD) operating loss in Square Enix's HD Games segment during the last financial quarter

Game analyst David Gibson previously explained that the company sold 60% of its planned units, and that the numbers implied the game cost around $100 million to make.
How they spent 100 million and ended up with this game deserves a story.

tenor.gif

Back