CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Yes, the latest game footage looks like next-gen or PC with RTX on high or ultra.
Super nice
Love the lengths CDPR is going with sound, fashion, world building and even little things like well known actors and brands.

Need some time off work next month for sure

I bought the PC version so I will have something to tie me over until the PS5 arrives.
I'm holding off buying until I know which is the better experience. And by experience, I don't mean max graphics. That should be my PC but I'd rather play at 1440p/4K at 60fps solid, being able to start my console and leap back to the game in seconds.

Come on CDPR, let us know before launch day what the expected experience will be with nextgen consoles. :yes:

This reminds me so much of the scope of GTA V, with the ante cranked up. Every so often my brain says that just isn't possible from such a smaller team - relative to Rockstar - then I remember how massive Witcher 3 was.

And to put more perspective into this.

https://www.dualshockers.com/cyberpunk-2077-witcher-3-development/

The Witcher 3 had ~250 people working on it. Back in 2019, Cyberpunk 2077 had ~400 people working on it. According to Wikipedia that's now up to ~500 people.

Also The Witcher 3 was completed in 3.5 years. That number isn't comparable to Cyberpunk 2077 because we don't know when TW3 was prototyped or pre-planning started on it.

Cyberpunk 2077 was conceived in 2012, teased in 2013, and Keanu Reeves appeared in 2018. That last isn't relevant, but it was memorable. :) That said, it's likely a similar point in the start of development to TW3 was likely in 2013 or 2014. So Cyberpunk 2077 has also been in development ~twice as long.

Outside of Rockstar and Bethesda, I can't think of many studios that have the luxury of spending that amount of time and resources on a single project.

Regards,
SB

It's before you get to Beyond...

( ••)
( •
•)>⌐■-■

3D

(⌐■_■)

YYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tommy McClain

tenor.gif

So, driving/riding can be viewed in third-person perspective, but not the actual on-foot gameplay? Weird...
They've shown off vehicular combat and I think that an area where restricting the game to first person view could become incredibly frustrating. If does in GTA V as well. Having the option (presumably an option!?!) to switch to third person lets you swivel the camera and see your immediate surroundings.

btw does cyberpunk have any online components and if it does, its crossplay or not? some games like No Man's Sky is not crossplay so GoG version can't meet steam version.

No, no online components. There will be a seperate Online game sometime later that features multiplayer but this game is SP only AFAIK.
And it sounds like the MP aspect is a long, long way off. I kind feel as though CDPR are trying to do too much. They have the single-player CP2077 game, the inevitable patches it will require, the nextgen console versions of CP2077 and the nextgen patches for console Witcher 3. :runaway:

Even if it's probably ~6 years away, can anyone imagine a mainline sequel (the next big Cyberpunk game) to have graphical complexity/fidelity, image quality, etc and physics
that are roughly on par with the CGI from "The Diner" and the E3 2018 trailer? Bbut actually in-game/gameplay.

I mean, only to the extent that it might be feasible for a game that we might not play until much later this generation. A game that would begin development on the new consoles releasing this year, and shipping only a year or so before, presumably the PS6 and future gen Xbox(s) arrive? Of course I realize that the E3 2018 trailer was like a souped-up in-engine trailer, while "The Diner" looks to be 100% CGI. So there's a big difference even there. And also I know that most CGI uses cinematic angles that would not work in gameplay. With that said, Cyberpunk 2077 is the only game that makes me want an RTX 3080. I'll try to get one as an upgrade early next year. No telling when the proper (free) next-gen console upgrade patches will arrive in 2021. Hopefully before summer.

No telling when the proper (free) next-gen console upgrade patches will arrive in 2021. Hopefully before summer.
Earlier in the thread I linked to an CDPR investor call, the full on nextgen patch is looking like 2022.

Back