Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

It does look much better. If it's single player, I will buy. If it's MP, I won't. I am a bit averse to Ubisoft MP games at this point in time.

The skills upgrades still reminds me a lot of the Path of Exile upgrade system.

You can change you character sex on the fly during the game? Isn't that going to break the immersion?
Its single player. They might have some drop in coop boss stuff if you want that sort of thing. I never played those in Odessey mind.

They should instate the sex changing thing to Odessey. That way players who are playing it wrong can switch to Kassandra. In the light of the Ubisoft workplace abuse, Alexious being a total bellend makes perfect sense. :D

The official PC requirements are out and make for some interesting reading compared with what we know of the consoles:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/assa...pport-dx12-official-pc-requirements-revealed/

Assassins-Creed-Valhalla-PC-requirements.jpg

The XSX is supposed to run this game at "full" 4k / 60fps. That's twice the frame rate expected to be achieved by the RTX 2080 in the table above or alternatively the XSX will be running at 4K / 60 while an RTX 2080 Super will only achieve 1440p / 60.

Clearly somethings amiss here but the final comparisons across all systems should be very interesting.

EDIT: also of note is the Ultra Graphics pre-set requiring a 3700X CPU. This is a first as far as I know and suggests those settings may be the closest match to the next gen consoles. Also note the SSD requirement across the board, although at 50GB the game is surprisingly small.

The official PC requirements are out and make for some interesting reading compared with what we know of the consoles:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/assa...pport-dx12-official-pc-requirements-revealed/

The XSX is supposed to run this game at "full" 4k / 60fps. That's twice the frame rate expected to be achieved by the RTX 2080 in the table above or alternatively the XSX will be running at 4K / 60 while an RTX 2080 Super will only achieve 1440p / 60.

Clearly somethings amiss here but the final comparisons across all systems should be very interesting.

EDIT: also of note is the Ultra Graphics pre-set requiring a 3700X CPU. This is a first as far as I know and suggests those settings may be the closest match to the next gen consoles. Also note the SSD requirement across the board, although at 50GB the game is surprisingly small.

Maybe consoles runs the game at high setting.

Maybe consoles runs the game at high setting.

Perhaps but that would mean the XSX is achieving at 4k what it takes a GTX 1080 to achieve at 1080p. That still an enormous gap as even the 2080Ti is no-where near as powerful at 4k as a GTX1080 is at 1080p:

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-founders-edition/7.html

Also at high settings the CPU requirements drop dramatically from a 3700X at Ultra to an R7 1700 suggesting that these are lower than console settings.

If I had to guess I'd say the original claim of 60fps / 4k is wrong and the game will have 2 modes, one for 60fps at 1440p and another for 4K / 30 fps.

Or dynamic res? It was an option on PC for the prior two games.

That seems like a viable possibility, although the Ubisoft press release specifically says " On Xbox Series X, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will run at 60 FPS in full 4K resolution"

Hell, maybe it really is just that powerful. Certainly the claims of 4k / 60fps at max PC settings in Gears Tactics and Gears 5 put it in 2080Ti+ territory. The DF face offs can't come soon enough!

That seems like a viable possibility, although the Ubisoft press release specifically says " On Xbox Series X, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will run at 60 FPS in full 4K resolution"

Hell, maybe it really is just that powerful. Certainly the claims of 4k / 60fps at max PC settings in Gears Tactics and Gears 5 put it in 2080Ti+ territory. The DF face offs can't come soon enough!

It's probably just a 4k60 mode you could emulate on 2080 and the like. The XBone will be 900p at 30fps-ish. If the XSX is using that level of settings then it doesn't seem unlikely it could hit a 4k60 target.

960 and 380 for 1080p/30 low settings? Wonder how base PS4 performs as those are both substantially faster GPUs. 1060 for 1080p/30 fps high. 1080 for 1080p/60 fps high!! These are pretty absurd considering what the game looks like.

I'd hazard a guess that the XSX settings are a match for the Xbox One S/X with maybe some higher resolution textures. If the Xbox One S is at 1080/900p, then the One X is just scaling that to x4 resolution and the Xbox Series X is scaling the One X's framerate x2.

All of the above is proportional to the mathematical differences between the machines.

I doubt the next gen machines will be running at max settings. Maybe next year, along with a drop in resolution and framerate.

Unisoft have used checkerboard and other reconstruction on consoles and seem quite competent with it. Does dlss support mean the pc version may not support this sort of reconstruction?

Unisoft have used checkerboard and other reconstruction on consoles and seem quite competent with it. Does dlss support mean the pc version may not support this sort of reconstruction?

This game doesn't support DLSS does it? Regarding checkerboard, that's a hardware assisted PS4 Pro only technique as far as I'm aware. Outside of that the current consoles just use basic upscaling and there's no reason why that couldn't be implemented on the PC too. Many PC games already implement internal resolution scalers so that you can scale rendering resolution either upwards or downwards from the target output. The game will then scale the output down or up as required.

I don't see any reason why DLSS couldn't be supported alongside that as well, although the two wouldn't run together as DLSS is essentially doing the same thing but in a much more sophisticated way.

This game doesn't support DLSS does it? Regarding checkerboard, that's a hardware assisted PS4 Pro only technique as far as I'm aware. Outside of that the current consoles just use basic upscaling and there's no reason why that couldn't be implemented on the PC too. Many PC games already implement internal resolution scalers so that you can scale rendering resolution either upwards or downwards from the target output. The game will then scale the output down or up as required.

I don't see any reason why DLSS couldn't be supported alongside that as well, although the two wouldn't run together as DLSS is essentially doing the same thing but in a much more sophisticated way.

No idea in DLSS but just wondering if it may be, as you say it would not be combined with checkerboard which would show as a large delta between resolution Vs console.

Most Ubi games at least on the enhanced consoles I think use it. I believe Rainbow Six siege even uses it on base Xbox One. I'll prepare for the stats to totally disprove this...

Watchdogs 2 on PC did use it also which was interesting from memory.

PS4 Pro has an ID buffer that helps some techniques for this but I think other solutions exist and it's probably been rolled into temporal solutions now.

I would assume next gen will be all over reconstruction techniques hardware wise. Perfect to counter the hit of RT.

No idea in DLSS but just wondering if it may be, as you say it would not be combined with checkerboard which would show as a large delta between resolution Vs console.

Most Ubi games at least on the enhanced consoles I think use it. I believe Rainbow Six siege even uses it on base Xbox One. I'll prepare for the stats to totally disprove this...

Watchdogs 2 on PC did use it also which was interesting from memory.

PS4 Pro has an ID buffer that helps some techniques for this but I think other solutions exist and it's probably been rolled into temporal solutions now.

I would assume next gen will be all over reconstruction techniques hardware wise. Perfect to counter the hit of RT.

Yeah it seems you're right. Ubisoft refer to it as "Temporal filtering" but it seems to be very similar to Checkerboarding, and it is indeed available on PC in some games.

I expect it could be offered as an alternative to DLSS for those systems that don't support DLSS.

I agree, reconstruction is the way forward. Even methods not as advanced as DLSS are more than worth it from the cost vs benefit perspective IMO.

Consoles will run AC games like always, with a dynamic resolution.

Back