Performance Mode
- 4k/60fps
- Screen-space reflections instead of ray tracing
- Native (dynamic) resolution is lowe than in Fidelity Mode

Fidelity Mode
- 4k/30fps
- Ray Traxing
- Other visual enhancements

No load times on PS5. Just a screen flash when you fast travel. On PS4, loading is a mix of Spider-Man images with tips or subway rides.

Standard PS4
- 1080p/30fps

PS4 Pro
- 4K/30fps

4k is probably sometimes non native for example on PS4 Pro

EkO5Cn5XkAIJEjR

EkO2uOaXsAI6BMe

i7nth258kws51.jpg

EDIT:
Hello Everyone, currently reading the new issue and will continue to update the OP. This is what I have so far:

Story Elements:

SPOILER
-True sequel that likely sets the stage for what comes next, a bit shorter than the first game. Not considering it a side story
-Will have new and familiar characters
-Set 1 year after the first game Miles is 17 years old

Opening Sequence:

-They describe this whole sequence and set piece moments as larger and crazier than the first game
-Saying what Insomniac learned in the first game allowed Insomniac to add crazier action, and set pieces in the sequel and it's really apparent in what they witnessed

Combat Details:
-Hold L1 to charge the Venom in Miles
-While holding L1, each face button when tapped has a different move
-All the Venom attacks cause Venom Stun to enemies and they are more vulnerable to attacks in this state
-Venom isn't unlimited and is built up like Peter's focus meter
-Describes the sensation of charging the venom attack as building up in the left side of the Dual Sense controller and then flows to the right side and rumbles again when you push a face button
-Miles has his own set up gadgets and they are used just like in the first game
-Able to perform stealth takedowns from ceilings and walls now
-Can also reset stealth encounters after being seen by using Miles' Camouflage ability, enemies will then become frightened and fire wildly into the air and try to flush him out with grenades
-Some enemies are able to see you even when camouflaged

Other Details:
-Talk about how detailed Harlem is, making you want to stop the character and just look around to soak it all in
- Although Harlem is the same size, they have increased the detail in the area and made it more lively, brought in consultants to make sure Harlem was brought to life. Treated Harlem like a character itself
-Swinging motion is not as good as Peter's, his body kind of jolts about as he's swinging through the air, with less control of his arms and legs. Describe him as a bit of a "helicopter" in his movements
-Other villains will be in the game besides Tinkerer and the one mentioned above in the opening sequence, but not as many as Peter faced.
-No more police scanner concept, it is replaced by something Ganke invented that helps all the neighborhoods connect and inform Miles of activities and crimes currently taking place. They call it the Friendly Neighborhood Spider App. Bring up the app whenever you want by swiping left on touchpad and the game slows down to allow you to choose crimes or activities by pressing L1 and R1

I put certain things in spoilers just in case someone doesn't want to know what the opening sequence shows and some story details.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/spider-man-miles-morales-game-informer-details.305681/

EDIT2: From Insomniac community manager
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ga...morales-coverage-trailer.305549/post-48392087

it is. We use temporal injection to create and deliver a 4K image (which then gets tone mapped, and UI applied).

The native resolution behind the scenes is dynamic, but temporal injection means you'll always see 4K.

EDIT3:
EkO2P7DXsAQB8ym

EkO2P8GWkAQlIx7

EkO2P5sXgAEv-_Y

EDIT4:
EkO2uPaWkAIXK4K

EkO2P6RWkAQk59S

EDIT5:
EkO9bFgWsAEdsQc

20201013_2315331aj80.jpg

EkPHpHCX0AEImNE

Last edited:
I love the swinging animation. Really can't wait to get my hands on it.
it's gonna be my first PS5 game with Godfall or Watchdogs legion I think.
Winder if it's the performance or fidelity mode.

Last edited:
Back