Oculus Quest | Meta Quest 2

I played a bunch of Table Tennis, both the target block mini game and some online matches. Some were too laggy but some were really great and fun. Ended with playing evenly matched against a British guy, with basically no lag, who also had his mic open. Was really nice, just before I lost the 3rd decisive match the battery died though so I couldn’t friend him. Hopefully I see him again sometime ... this is a very nice covid proof social sports interaction for sure.

I tried Virtual Desktop and that runs great and really shows off the increased resolution - I can totally do my work in Visual Studio using it.

I also played The Thrill of the Fight, the boxing game, and that really shows off the freedom you have walking around. If you can mark off 2 by 2m as play area then you have enough to have a nice ring simulation, where you can really circle your opponent. Having to go back to your corner after each round is amusing, and the game is a big workout.

It does really make me excited for something like Move Fitness on the Quest (and even on PSVR).

I am also getting used to playing Beat Saber a bit better. It’s a bit more strict I think than on the PSVR if I recall correctly, and I am starting to think part of my mistakes are due to that, though I still feel as if frames might me dropping on the Expert+ levels, not sure. On Expert I can get S ranks now that put me in the top 1000 here and there already. Will keep playing this for sure.

Oh and the last time I played today the new update to the game had installed and it has a completely new UI and online modes. The online didn’t work yet but my son tried it later and then it did work.

The built-in speakers are good enough for most purposes, so that’s a nice touch too.

All in all the versatility of this headset and the quality of it all is pretty good. Being able to play without needing anything else whatsoever and no cables, hard to beat!

how comfortable is it?

upload vr says its a bit less comfortable than quest1, and way less comfortable than PSVR. But some comments on oculus reddit, says its more comfortable than quest 1.

it is as comfortable (or incomfortable) as the Q1 i think, just a little lighter. People saying it's better than Q1 are certainly using the elite strap sold separately.
light bleeding may be more pronounced than Q1's OLED, but SDE is imperceptible now.
90HZ mode is easily noticeable in the menu !
i wonder if Super Hot demo also uses 90hz, i should try it tonight.

Holy hell! Oculus and oculus quest reddit got bombarded with posts saying they are banned from Facebook

* totally new user, banned
* old oculus user but new Facebook user, banned, losing all digital purchases
* provide photo ID to Facebook, reviewed, still banned

And here I am having 3 Facebook account and dunno how many Instagram accounts...

Really glad I refused to link my oculus account to fb. But when my quest 2 arrive...

I think I'll bind it to my fb business account. Hopefully having business account means no ban.

Holy hell! Oculus and oculus quest reddit got bombarded with posts saying they are banned from Facebook

* totally new user, banned
* old oculus user but new Facebook user, banned, losing all digital purchases
* provide photo ID to Facebook, reviewed, still banned

And here I am having 3 Facebook account and dunno how many Instagram accounts...

Really glad I refused to link my oculus account to fb. But when my quest 2 arrive...

I think I'll bind it to my fb business account. Hopefully having business account means no ban.

I believe facebook bans "fake" accounts. There is no real risk of getting banned on real personal/real business account. But if you create second account just for quest then ban is in the air.

sidequest is not going to get you banned. I have had it in use for long time. If oculus wanted to ban sidequest they could just close that feature real easily. SideQuest is using adb to install apk's. It would be easy for oculus to not allow adb on non development devices, same as any other android phone/tablet.

Last edited:
I believe facebook bans "fake" accounts. There is no real risk of getting banned on real personal/real business account. But if you create second account just for quest then ban is in the air.

They even ban people that provide photo ID to them as proof it was not a fake account.

The ban message was vague as heck. Something like "your account activity, conduct, or blah blah blah are not in line with our ToS". No specifics given.

Most complains comes from New fb user.

There's even an PSA saying something like: make fb account, wait for 24 hours to see its getting banned or not before tying it to oculus account.

They even ban people that provide photo ID to them as proof it was not a fake account.

The ban message was vague as heck. Something like "your account activity, conduct, or blah blah blah are not in line with our ToS". No specifics given.

There's even an PSA saying something like: make fb account, wait for 24 hours to see its getting banned or not before tying it to oculus account.

are they all using sidequest by chance ?
I've never used it, for now i'm not banned....crossing fingers...

Dunno for old quest users. But it also happens to new quest user and new fb user.

Dunno for old quest users. But it also happens to new quest user and new fb user.

If I created second facebook account with name joe smith and added some photos and stuff there I could get banned. If I use my existing fb account no problem. FB can detect this type of stuff pretty easy if I use my phone/browser for my real account and then use same device to create second account. You probably would have to never access multiple fb accounts from single device or risk getting banned unless both those accounts have established history and access patterns from multiple independent devices.

FB has way too much traffic/accounts for this to be manually checked. People getting banned probably hit some dnn/heuristic that decides the account is likely fake, i.e. not your main account.

Probably having unique access patterns, unique valid phone number, unique device used to access account etc. would make it less likely algorithm catches you.

If I created second facebook account with name joe smith and added some photos and stuff there I could get banned. If I use my existing fb account no problem. FB can detect this type of stuff pretty easy if I use my phone/browser for my real account and then use same device to create second account. You probably would have to never access multiple fb accounts from single device or risk getting banned unless both those accounts have established history and access patterns from multiple independent devices.

FB has way too much traffic/accounts for this to be manually checked. People getting banned probably hit some dnn/heuristic that decides the account is likely fake, i.e. not your main account.

Probably having unique access patterns, unique valid phone number, unique device used to access account etc. would make it less likely algorithm catches you.

Would be hilarious if the neural net though "what the heck all of this new users in the same day, and tons of them got the referral Metadata as oculus, there's no oculus web browser! ban!" hahaha

Would be hilarious if the neural net though "what the heck all of this new users in the same day, and tons of them got the referral Metadata as oculus, there's no oculus web browser! ban!" hahaha

Russian spy/election meddling bot detection going crazy at fb headquarters

I have a second Facebook account to give to Apple whenever they need to review an update to an app that uses Facebook login. No way I was going to give them my real account details...

really impressed with the bump in resolution in red matter, everything looks so crisp and clear now, and foveated rendering is removed too. Immersion +100hp !

Any more impressions OC2? Did someone get the elite strap? Is it possible to have it in offline mode to avoid constant data being sent to Facebook?

I keep hearing about the strap being rubbish. How much money are they saving to risk presenting a horrible experience because of it?

it's not horrible, it's not the most comfortable, but you can still use it without issue. But yeah elite strap might be better suited for over an hour session.

Back