Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

20 and 40 fot containers are the 2 standard sizes i know about.

If we don't count the special containers for special purposes,
there's the 20 ft, 40ft, and also the 53 foot containers.

Ya, there's a 53 foot container that *usually* don't go on ships, but mainly used for rail and truck transport in North America.
It increases what a single truck, rail car can hold and transferring stuff between containers at ports/intermodal nodes also makes some logistical sense in some weird ways (very counter intuitive but works in the big picture) even when it seems like US is doing their own thing again.

4x4x3 per pallet. hmm. wonder how many PS5 and XSS do per pallet. Also curious vs last gen. More is ideal, you can deliver to more people waiting post launch with the same space.
PS5 will likely stack five layers high around the same height. Weight distribution for stacking is easier when the box has a lower profile (i.e. a flat or horizontal orientation). Ditto for Series S. Packaging for consumer devices is designed purposefully that way and the only things that aren't are those things can't because they're boxy, like a microwave, or a TV where you want to keep it upright.

https://www.polygon.com/xbox-series...eries-x-preview-360-games-microsoft-crackdown

ezgif.com_gif_maker__1_.gif

Crackdown 1 360 runs 4K60 on XSX. From what I understand, it's just building on the 4K upgrades for X1X, by now making it run locked 60.

If the Xbox One X was the rough draft of the potential of backward compatibility, then the Xbox Series X is the real thing. Playing Crackdown on the Xbox Series X is like playing the game as its creators had dreamt: Everything just works. Its frame rate never dips below 60 frames per second as I sprint down a highway, obliterating passing cars with volleys from my rocket launcher. More importantly, the game loads almost instantaneously.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Anyone have any thoughts on the graphical improvements in the Gears 5 screen shots? Improved lighting is an obvious one.
Somewhere the updates was highlighted, well back in the XSX teardown time frame.
Check out DF article, probably in there.
Other changes may have happened since then, but it will give you good idea.
Or if there was follow up articles on the games they saw.

Assume its in here

Somewhere the updates was highlighted, well back in the XSX teardown time frame.
Check out DF article, probably in there.
Other changes may have happened since then, but it will give you good idea.
Or if there was follow up articles on the games they saw.

Assume its in here
wow, they held onto this one for so long.

wow, they held onto this one for so long.

Seems weird unless they're still tweaking the individual settings, which may impact the final look in subtle ways. Hope there's a good comparison video for official marketing although I'm sure DF will do it at some point.

Another thing that will be interesting to see is the quality of the new encoder for saving gameplay and console streaming.
Can't remember what it recording spec is apart from being 6 times more performant than the xcloud external one.

Anyone know the recording specs?

Edit :
From hotchips, I thought it had bit more details like framerate and bitrate.

The video encoder/decoder also has support for 4K and 8K AVC and HEVC/VP9 decoding, with AVC (H.264) and HEVC (H.265) encoding support with HDR.

Last edited:
Wonder why AC:Valhalla wasn't put out on XSX since previews are out now?

They both could've got double the marketing out of it.

Back