What are you playing now? [2018-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bugger the game wont run does anyone have mafia 1 installed could you post your registry entries
tnx....
Edit: it's ok decided to re install the game, bit of a pain since I had to dig out an external dvd drive

Last edited:
All right, not a huge fan of Yakuza 4 : / The story is cut between 4 characters, and it feel short to me, maybe because each characters hasn't a lot of "time" ? I wasn't fan of the side activities too... But since I started the whole saga with 0, which was awesome in that regard, it doesn't help. I'll start 5 soon. Maybe on PS5 in bc mode, who knows.

So big surprise I started Yakuza 5. It's already a lot better than the 4th imo. I enjoy it a lot, the side activities are fun again, so I taking my time.

I started shadow of the colossus too, but, the controls and the camera are a pain in the ... right now, not fun at all.

I've been playing The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth for years now on both PC and PS4. Today I was playing and for the first time ever fought Mega Satan!

:D

I did Witcher 1 multiples times, same with Witcher 3, but I did only one Witcher 2 run, and I rushed it. So... I started W2 again, and will explore it a lot this time. I loaded my w1 save, so we're good. I think I'll load my futur W2 save in the Witcher 3 enhanced edition when it comes out.

Few hours in, it aged pretty well. And their is a working 21:9 ratio fix out there, it's great. It feel so good to be back in this universe. It's dumb to say but I feel like a innocent teen again, just enjoying a video game like this. It's an incredible feeling.

My kids really like watching me playing the taxi missions!

Yeah they're fun. I'm at the Saejima part. Like in Y4, I don't care at all about the guy. And I skipped the hunting/village stuff asap. I mean I'm in a rush to find what happened to Majima, what the point of Saejima hunting ? Plus the aiming is really bad. It sucks, the Kyriu part was so good, and now this... Aaarrrgg...

Started Assassins Creed Odyssey a few days back (yes I realise I'm 2 years behind everyone else). I must say that I wasn't a fan of the idea of making it full RPG but having started playing it I can safely say I'm converted. It's bloody brilliant! I'm in two minds at the moment as to whether I prefer it to the Witcher 3 but I'm pretty sure I prefer it over the previous AC game styles which I'm also a big fan of. And I know for sure I haven't put this many hours into a game in such a short period for a long time. Possibly not since W3 or perhaps even Skyrim.

Graphically I find it default graphics too saturated on my non-HDR monitor but very nice on my HDR OLED TV. It's something I've noticed recently that in some HDR enabled games the colours don;t come out quite right on non HDR enabled displays. That said, I've got a custom enb preset running on the monitor so it actually looks better there than it does on the TV in HDR now. The mod won't carry over well to the HDR TV though so it's one or the other. For now I'm enjoying the variety!

I've never played any Assassin's Creed games. I'm interested in the Odyssey. To what degree is my experience lessened if any by not having played the previous games?

I've never played any Assassin's Creed games. I'm interested in the Odyssey. To what degree is my experience lessened if any by not having played the previous games?

In Odyssey, not at all as far as I've been able to see so far. Aside from some shared general gameplay mechanics the later games are pretty much standalone games.

Playing Wasteland 3 on X1 and really enjoying the squad tactics. I'm also picking away at Star Wars Fallen Order and finding the fights pretty tough at the beginning (playing on hard) but I'm liking the story. Lastly, I'm on the insanely hard Act IV of Battletoads with my son. I wish this one had a few more checkpoints, but it's a great game.

Trying to get again into fallen order after finishing GoW, I tried to play once and I didn't really remember why I did stop. Now I remember, with a 6600k it's a stuttery mess. Got RivaTuner on and saw it saturates the 4 cores every now and then, limiting the frameate to 30 fps helps but doesn't remove the stutters completely ... :(

The Witcher 2. The beginning is a drag. Too cinematic, too tutorialesque. It's been a long time and I still feel like I'm in a tutorial. The combat is different...

Iirc in W1 you could make potions and take them when you want
in W2 you have to make and take them at a campfire the problem is when your at a campfire you dont know if you will be engaging in combat anytime soon
so your left with the choice of be cautious or take potions at every campfire just in case you engage in combat before they wear off.

Edit: yes ive remembered it sort of correctly (from the Witcher wiki page)
The potions in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings are different from The Witcher. They can no longer be consumed at any time and will last for a far shorter time than before.

To drink a potion, you must first enter the Meditate menu (not available during combat) and select the Drink Potion option. You can then select up to 3 potions to consume (4 if the Taster skill has been activated). The toxicity of selected potions cannot exceed 100 (the toxicity bar will turn orange and the potions will not be drunk). After exiting the meditation menu, the potions are immediately in effect. They are best to be consumed just before a fight.

It's still a great game though dont let my posts put you off....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back